Think you would have been perfect playing the part of one of the mutants in Fox Atomic’s The Hills Have Eyes 2? Think you could throw together a creepy, homemade costume and show them what they missed out on? If you can prove to Fox Atomic that you would have made one disgusting mutant then they’ll reward you with Hades authentic costume worn by Michael Bailey Smith in Hills 2, which hits theaters March 23! This prize is exclusive to Bloody-Disgusting, so read on and see how to win yourself some authentic mutant gear (Halloween will never be the same) that’s sure to make all your friends jealous.
In THE HILLS HAVE EYES 2 a team of National Guard cadets stops over at a desert outpost to deliver equipment to some military scientists. They arrive at the research camp to find it mysteriously deserted. Hearing a distress call on their walkies, they set off on what they think is a simple rescue mission into the hills – only to find a tribe of mutants, damaged by nuclear testing, who lie in wait for them…
PLEASE READ ALL RULES VERY CAREFULLY
The “I Wanna Be A Mutant” Photo Contest
A: Create and submit a still image of yourself in costume as a mutant.
B: You must completely fill out the Contest Entry Form (download here) with the requested information, which includes your full name, address, telephone number (including area code), email address, and date of birth.
Contest ends March 23, 2007 at 11:59p.m. Pacific Time
Failure to include all information results in disqualification
THE HILLS HAVE EYES 2 hits theaters March 23
The “I Wanna Be A Mutant” Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Fox Atomic (“Sponsor”). The Contest begins on 3/12/2007 and ends on 3/23/2007 at 11:59p.m. Pacific Time.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States (void in Puerto Rico), 18 years of age or older, except to employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You can enter this Contest at the following websites: bloody-disgusting.com, dreadcentral.com, and horrormovies.ca. To enter, follow the online entry and submission instructions and parameters to create and submit a still image of yourself in costume as a mutant (“Photo Entry”). You must completely fill out the Contest Entry Form (“Entry Form”) with the requested information, which includes your full name, address, telephone number (including area code), email address, and date of birth. Then, upload your Photo Entry and submit your Entry Form and Photo Entry.
To be eligible, all entries for Contest must be received by 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time) on 3/23/2007, the Contest Submission End Date. Multiple Photo Entries are allowed, but each entrant is only eligible to win one prize, and each entrant may submit a unique Photo Entry only once. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), forged, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion which Photo Entries have satisfied the Photo Entry requirements. Sponsor will not notify contestants whether or not their Photo Entry has been rejected or accepted.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Photo Entries deemed inappropriate, pornographic, lewd, offensive or for any legal reason, in its sole discretion.
By submitting a Photo Entry, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that (i) the Photo Entry is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party, (ii) you have all rights necessary to submit the Photo Entry in the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules, and (iii) no party other than you has any right, title or interest in and to the Photo Entry or any part of the Photo Entry, The Photo Entry must conform to certain technical requirements, as posted on the Contest page on the Internet. All tangible Photo Entries submitted will become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering the Contest, you grant to Sponsor a perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivate works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, alter, edit, manipulate, incorporate into other materials, including DVDs, and otherwise use, and permit others to use and perform throughout the world the Photo Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its services, all without further consent from or payment to you. You agree that Sponsor has no obligation to post your Photo Entry on any website or on DVDs. If Sponsor so requires, entrant agrees to transfer all copyright ownership to Sponsor or its assignees, and to sign all documents that will enable such transfer.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about 3/26/2007, a panel of judges (“Judges”) who are staff members of Sponsor will select three (3) Grand Prize Winners, one (1) Grand Prize Winner being from the eligible entrants of each participating website, based on the following criteria: 50% Scariness and 50% Creativity (“Judging Criteria”). Judges decisions are final in all respects. Winners will be notified by e-mail or phone on/about 3/30/2007. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during two (2) business days from the date of the winner selection, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
GRAND PRIZE: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will each receive one (1) movie prop from the film The Hills Have Eyes 2. The winning entrant from bloody-disgusting.com will receive “Hades” vest. The winning entrant from dreadcentral.com will receive a movie prop Mutant Axe. The winning entrant from horrormovies.ca will receive “Grabber’s” glasses. All prizes are not for retail sale, and have no retail value.
Total Approximate Prize Value of all prizes in Contest: $0.
No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the prize winners. Sponsor, its officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen or illegible entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name, address (city and state), entry, and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. The Grand Prize winners must complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability / Publicity Release that must be received by Sponsor before claiming prizes. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the winners, and an alternate winners may be selected. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor is not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or misuse of prize(s), participation in Contest, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, forged, illegible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest.
7. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or winner’s list (please specify), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “I Wanna Be a Mutant” Photo Contest, c/o Fox Atomic, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Building 310, Los Angeles, CA 90035. VT residents need not include return postage.