Connect with us

Exclusives

Charisma Carpenter on Her ‘Sibling Rivalry’, and Stealing Identities

Published

on

It was announced back in February that “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” supermodel Charisma Carpenter would be toplining the new thriller Deadly Sibling Rivalry, directed by Hanelle Culpepper and written by Steve Peterson and John Murlowski.

The pic will follow an identical twin who secretly steals her sister’s identity in an attempt to start over with a new life and keep her sister out of her way. She stops at nothing to seek revenge on a sister that has always had the seemingly better life…

Horror fans hankering for a double dose of Charisma Carpenter rest assured, Deadly Sibling Rivalry will deliver. That’s the word from the actress herself, who plays twins Callie and Janna in the horror thriller. Currently in Australia for the Supanova Pop Culture Expo, the former “Buffy” and “Angel” star said the film is for people with sibling issues.
I think it will appeal to anyone who hates their sister,” she said.

I don’t have one, so I don’t know, but it was so much fun to play Callie and then to play her counterpart, particularly because I identified with both characters.

I can be uptight and very business-minded like Janna, but very sassy like Callie too.

Carpenter finished work on Deadly Sibiling Rivalry last month and said although she enjoyed working with a female director in Hanelle Culpepper, the shoot was “very short.

There wasn’t enough time to do it,” she said.

It was a very short shoot and I just really could have got into the characters more and more and more.

But Hanelle was wonderful; it was very different working with a female director.

You don’t see a lot of women in that position number one and I admired her very much.

The plot follows Callie and Janna, two twins who have always been competitive and vying for the love of their father. After an accident, Janna is put in a coma and Callie takes over her identity to get revenge on the sister she sees as always having had the easy route. The story also involves rock climbing, which Carpenter said was a real challenge despite having “done it before.

I’d been shooting another project straight before that so I hadn’t worked out in, like, a few weeks,” she said.

I hadn’t been to the gym and I had to do all this rock climbing and I was so sore.

The next day I had to drive to Arizona, which is a nine hour drive, and I was in pain everywhere.

I had these heat packs on each shoulder, on my lower back, it was a painful drive.

Carpenter said Deadly Sibling Rivalry isn’t “genre specific” but falls more comfortably into thriller territory.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Exclusives

Daniel Roebuck Has Joined the Cast of ‘Terrifier 3’! [Exclusive]

Published

on

Daniel Roebuck has been cast as Santa Claus in Terrifier 3, Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report.

Writer-director Damien Leone is currently wrapping production on the highly-anticipated sequel, in which Art the Clown unleashes chaos on the unsuspecting residents of Miles County as they peacefully drift off to sleep on Christmas Eve.

“I’ve been holding this secret for a long time!” Roebuck tells Bloody Disgusting. “I’ve been really excited about it. I’m actually entering into the movies that I watch. It’s extraordinary. This is Terrifier bigger, badder, best.”

Roebuck appears in Terrifier 3 alongside returning cast members David Howard Thornton, Lauren LaVera, Samantha Scaffidi, Elliot Fullam, and AEW superstar Chris Jericho.

No stranger to iconic horror properties, Roebuck has squared off against Michael Myers in Rob Zombie’s Halloween II, played The Count in Zombie’s The Munsters, succumbed to The Tall Man’s sphere in Phantasm: Ravager, and investigated death in Final Destination.

A distinguished character actor with over 250 credits, Roebuck has also appeared in The Devil’s Rejects, 3 from Hell, Bubba Ho-Tep, John Dies at the End, The Fugitive, Lost, Agent Cody Banks, and The Man in the High Castle. Incidentally, he’s also playing Santa in the family drama Saint Nick of Bethlehem, due out later this year.

Terrifier 3 will be released in theaters nationwide later this year via Cineverse and Bloody Disgusting in conjunction with our partner on Terrifier 2, Iconic Events Releasing.

Terrifier 3 comes courtesy of Dark Age Cinema Productions. Phil Falcone Produces with Lisa Falcone acting as Executive Producer. Co-producers include Mike Leavy, Jason Leavy, George Steuber, and Steve Della Salla. Brad Miska, Brandon Hill, and Erick Opeka Executive Produce for Cineverse. Matthew Helderman and Luke Taylor also Executive Produce.

Continue Reading