*Updated [PART TWO] Just wanted some opinions on my horror poster for school.

Post all your fan art here for everyone to enjoy. Fan Films, pictures, songs, poems, stories, whatever...
AaronJ
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

*Updated [PART TWO] Just wanted some opinions on my horror poster for school.

Post by AaronJ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Thanks to everyone who left such great feedback on my previous post!!!
Here is an updated or more of a changed version of the poster - would love some of your input on this one :) - i'm still working on the background - what do you think, the plain background or an actual shot?
Just a quick question - would you prefer the name 'the transient' or 'the stalker'???
Here's the Poster!

Second Updated Version:
'The Stalker Poster'

'The Transient Poster'

What do you think?
Last edited by AaronJ on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: [PART TWO] Just wanted some opinions on my horror poster for school.

Post by TexasSnacks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:06 pm

The Transient is much better. It's intriguing more mysterious and some may not know what it means so they look it up and now it's on their mind.

I like the added mask but you lost the gritty feeling of the original poster.

Change the name and get the grit back and you have yourself a solid poster.

AaronJ
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by AaronJ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:16 pm

TexasSnacks wrote:The Transient is much better. It's intriguing more mysterious and some may not know what it means so they look it up and now it's on their mind.

Man, that was a quick response! :D
I thought so too, but my teacher is a bit adamant and thinks that a simpler name will target more people and sell the film or something. He also wanted me to use a secondary image behind the masked face to show more substance/narrative. - 'Any suggestions?' I'm changing it to how he wants until i get all the marks and is graded. After that i'll add all the changes everyone suggests here.

Thanks again for your feedback 'TexasSnacks'!!

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:45 pm

AaronJ wrote:
TexasSnacks wrote:The Transient is much better. It's intriguing more mysterious and some may not know what it means so they look it up and now it's on their mind.

Man, that was a quick response! :D
I thought so too, but my teacher is a bit adamant and thinks that a simpler name will target more people and sell the film or something. He also wanted me to use a secondary image behind the masked face to show more substance/narrative. - 'Any suggestions?' I'm changing it to how he wants until i get all the marks and is graded. After that i'll add all the changes everyone suggests here.

Thanks again for your feedback 'TexasSnacks'!!
No. You can tell your teacher TexasSnacks said The Stalker is generic. :lol:

As far as the secondary image I picture the room from Saw behind him for some reason or something grungy like that. Alley way, sub way station etc.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:20 pm

The Transient is more 'ominous' but it's also a bit more unfocused as to what the story is about. Stalker portrays the subject matter better, even if a little more generically. But I could go either way really.

AaronJ
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by AaronJ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Mayday wrote:The Transient is more 'ominous' but it's also a bit more unfocused as to what the story is about. Stalker portrays the subject matter better, even if a little more generically. But I could go either way really.
Great, thanks alot for your feedback 'MayDay' - stay tuned for several updates on the poster + a DVD cover of the film and a teaser trailer! Stay Tuned!! :lol:

AaronJ
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by AaronJ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Here is the poster with an updated image and background. What do you guys think??? - Btw for those that are interested, the gas mark was an original from the world war II! :)
With both of the names: The Stalker / The Transient.

The Stalker Poster
The Transient Poster

What do you think?

John Dies At The End
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: *Updated [PART TWO] Just wanted some opinions on my horror poster for school.

Post by John Dies At The End » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm

I'm not going to lie, I very much preferred your original poster. But I do understand conforming to what your teacher wants to make the grade, that's pretty much all I did in school. I definitely like the dark background better, I feel it adds an air of mystery. Why the gas mask, though? Does it come into play somehow? I mean I know this isn't an actual movie, but you must have an idea of what it's about. I preferred the original image of the man's face, it looked scarier. Also, probably just me, but I don't like the fact that "the" isn't capitalized in the title. I get that it was most likely a stylistic choice by you, but when it comes to professional posters something like that really bugs me. The title is much easier to read now, though.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: *Updated [PART TWO] Just wanted some opinions on my horror poster for school.

Post by TexasSnacks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:34 pm

I think the mask combined with you first poster would be excellent. It was just so gritty.

As far as the last one goes the Transient just pops off the poster better to me and is overall solid. I dig the black and white.

trachea
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by trachea » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 pm

My opinion.

The gas mask and the title "Stalker".
They do not go together. Complete contradiction.

If I am a stalker. The last thing I want is to be noticed. Wearing a mask such as this is going to get me noticed right away. It has no reasoning other than the fact it looks cool.

The gas mask and the title "Transient". This works fine, but it seems a little cliche if that makes any sense... unless the area is in someway contaminated.
"jiMMY Joe's Got The Ball And Won't Give It Up!"