Connect with us

Movies

The Rock Will Teach the ‘Monster Hunter’s Survival Guide’

Published

on

The Rock

Talk about irony. My friend and I were literally just talking about how irrelevant Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has become (noting his return to the WWE), and then today I have my statements thrown right back in my face.

Dwayne Johnson has become attached to star in Monster Hunter’s Survival Guide, a live action adventure film based on the comic book miniseries by John Paul Russ that was published by Zenescope Entertainment, says Deadline.

The book series is a comprehensive guide to hunt monsters, the undead and unnatural beasts, and survive the confrontations.

Johnson is in production on G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, playing the character Roadblock, and then follows with the Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch, playing a man who turns DEA informant to reduce his son’s prison sentence.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘Never Let Go’ Poster – Alexandre Aja’s New Horror Movie Starring Halle Berry Gets September Release

Published

on

Originally announced last year under the title Mother Land, the next film from director Alexandre Aja (High Tension, The Hills Have Eyes, Piranha 3D) is now titled Never Let Go, and Lionsgate has debuted the official poster and announced the release date tonight.

Never Let Go arrives in theaters on September 27, 2024.

Academy Award winner Halle Berry is leading the film’s cast.

Percy Daggs IV (The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey) and Anthony B. Jenkins (Florida Man) will star alongside Berry in Never Let Go. Check out the official poster art below.

The upcoming Lionsgate horror film follows a mother (Berry) and her fraternal twin sons (Daggs and Jenkins) who have been tormented by an evil spirit for years and are convinced to never let go of their family’s protective bond. But when one of the boys questions if the evil is real, their connection is severed, triggering a terrifying fight for survival.

Aja is directing from a script by Kevin Coughlin & Ryan Grassby. The film will be produced by 21 Laps’ Shawn Levy, Dan Cohen and Dan Levine (“Stranger Things”).

Continue Reading