Connect with us

Exclusives

Meet the ‘Savage County’ Killer in Bloody Clip

Published

on

Will these kids never learn? You don’t go trespassing on strangers’ land. Especially when those strangers are mutant in-bred Tennessee lunatics with a taste for torture.

Fortunately for horror fans, these kids never do learn, and the resulting shriek fest, Savage County, is set to scare when it arrives on DVD on May 31, 2011, via FilmBuff and MPI Media Group. Check out an exclusive clip inside!

There’s a reason the Hardell family lives so far out of town: They don’t want company. That’s a lesson a group of high school kids learns the hard way when they trespass on the run-down Hardell ranch to guzzle beer and skinny-dip. After the brew kicks in, the teens get brave, and one of them dares to do a “ring and run” on the Hardell front porch.

But when the old man of the house answers the door pointing a shotgun, things get kind of tense, and before you can say “Deliverance,” one person is dead and the kids are laughing no more. What follows is a human hunting party, and the torture-loving Hardells have Hostel-like intentions for their young prey.

Savage County, directed by fearless first-timer David Harris, started life as a Web miniseries, but due to popular demand, it was turned into a feature and had its premiere on MTV2. The DVD features the uncensored cut that was too graphic for basic cable.

The fresh-faced young cast includes Ana Ayora (Marley & Me), Ryan Carter (OMG/Hahaha), Ken Luckey (90210, Greek), Mimi Michaels (Bones, All My Children), Doug Haley (Heroes, Good Luck Charlie), Ivy McLemore (Cigarette Girl) and Bekah Graf (My Roommate Sam). Jimmy Crosthwait (Lovely by Surprise), Jeff Pope (Black Snake Moan) and John Malloy (My Blueberry Nights) play the bloodthirsty Hardell clan.

Savage COunty is said to be a killer thriller in the classic mold of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hostel and Wrong Turn – a bloody tale of brutal violence and the desperate fight for survival.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Exclusives

Daniel Roebuck Has Joined the Cast of ‘Terrifier 3’! [Exclusive]

Published

on

Daniel Roebuck has been cast as Santa Claus in Terrifier 3, Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report.

Writer-director Damien Leone is currently wrapping production on the highly-anticipated sequel, in which Art the Clown unleashes chaos on the unsuspecting residents of Miles County as they peacefully drift off to sleep on Christmas Eve.

“I’ve been holding this secret for a long time!” Roebuck tells Bloody Disgusting. “I’ve been really excited about it. I’m actually entering into the movies that I watch. It’s extraordinary. This is Terrifier bigger, badder, best.”

Roebuck appears in Terrifier 3 alongside returning cast members David Howard Thornton, Lauren LaVera, Samantha Scaffidi, Elliot Fullam, and AEW superstar Chris Jericho.

No stranger to iconic horror properties, Roebuck has squared off against Michael Myers in Rob Zombie’s Halloween II, played The Count in Zombie’s The Munsters, succumbed to The Tall Man’s sphere in Phantasm: Ravager, and investigated death in Final Destination.

A distinguished character actor with over 250 credits, Roebuck has also appeared in The Devil’s Rejects, 3 from Hell, Bubba Ho-Tep, John Dies at the End, The Fugitive, Lost, Agent Cody Banks, and The Man in the High Castle. Incidentally, he’s also playing Santa in the family drama Saint Nick of Bethlehem, due out later this year.

Terrifier 3 will be released in theaters nationwide later this year via Cineverse and Bloody Disgusting in conjunction with our partner on Terrifier 2, Iconic Events Releasing.

Terrifier 3 comes courtesy of Dark Age Cinema Productions. Phil Falcone Produces with Lisa Falcone acting as Executive Producer. Co-producers include Mike Leavy, Jason Leavy, George Steuber, and Steve Della Salla. Brad Miska, Brandon Hill, and Erick Opeka Executive Produce for Cineverse. Matthew Helderman and Luke Taylor also Executive Produce.

Continue Reading