Connect with us

Movies

Wes Craven on the Future Of ‘Scream’

Published

on

It’s not news that Kevin Williamson had written Scream 4 as the beginning of a new trilogy, with plans already sketched out for the next two films. But after seeing the latest entry, I’m left scratching my head as to where they could go with it. I really hope this new cycle doesn’t burn itself out as quickly as the last one; there was nothing left to poke fun at by the time Scream 3 rolled around.

Wes Craven recently sat down and revealed some non-news about the continuation of the franchise – if it’s even fast-tracked given the poor reception of Scream 4which you can find past the break due to spoilers.
Given the secretive nature of Scream 4‘s storyline, don’t expect anyone to give away any huge plot points this time around either – also, it hasn’t been confirmed that it’s completely written yet either, so presumably no one even knows at this point. Craven tossed this nugget of info out there during a recent junket, which everyone who saw the latest entry will respond to with a resounding, “Well… duh.”

I imagine the core characters will continue. I suspect they’ll be with us until the end, because they just are the heart and soul of the movie and especially since we tend to kill off most of the other people. They’ll be with us. There will be some continuation of the drama of Sidney Prescott’s family and the ghosts that haunt it.

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading