Connect with us

Movies

Wes Craven on the Future Of ‘Scream’

Published

on

It’s not news that Kevin Williamson had written Scream 4 as the beginning of a new trilogy, with plans already sketched out for the next two films. But after seeing the latest entry, I’m left scratching my head as to where they could go with it. I really hope this new cycle doesn’t burn itself out as quickly as the last one; there was nothing left to poke fun at by the time Scream 3 rolled around.

Wes Craven recently sat down and revealed some non-news about the continuation of the franchise – if it’s even fast-tracked given the poor reception of Scream 4which you can find past the break due to spoilers.
Given the secretive nature of Scream 4‘s storyline, don’t expect anyone to give away any huge plot points this time around either – also, it hasn’t been confirmed that it’s completely written yet either, so presumably no one even knows at this point. Craven tossed this nugget of info out there during a recent junket, which everyone who saw the latest entry will respond to with a resounding, “Well… duh.”

I imagine the core characters will continue. I suspect they’ll be with us until the end, because they just are the heart and soul of the movie and especially since we tend to kill off most of the other people. They’ll be with us. There will be some continuation of the drama of Sidney Prescott’s family and the ghosts that haunt it.

Movies

‘Trap’ – Official Trailer Previews a Wild New Horror Experience from M. Night Shyamalan

Published

on

Just two months after his daughter Ishana Night Shyamalan debuts on the big screen with horror movie The Watchers, M. Night Shyamalan is back with his new thriller Trap.

M. Night Shyamalan’s new thriller for Warner Bros. – the sixteenth movie in his Oscar-nominated career thus far – is headed to movie theaters nationwide on August 9, 2024.

Watch the official trailer below to begin a twisted new mystery-box experience, which features performances by rising music star Saleka Shyamalan as fictional pop star Lady Raven.

In the upcoming thriller starring Josh Hartnett, “A father and teen daughter attend a pop concert, where they realize they’re at the center of a dark and sinister event.”

As the official trailer for Trap reveals, the pop concert is actually an elaborate trap designed to catch The Butcher, a sadistic serial killer who has been evading authorities.

Hartnett had recently described the mysterious film as “very bizarre” and “very dark.”

According to IMDb, the cast for Trap also includes Hayley Mills, Marnie McPhail, Vanessa Smythe, Saleka Shyamalan, Scott Ian MacDougall, Kristi Woods, and Cali Lorella.

Trap is the first film Shyamalan has made under his new deal with Warner Bros., which has been described as a “multi-year first-look directing and producing agreement.”

The film is produced by Ashwin Rajan, Marc Bienstock and M. Night Shyamalan.

The executive producer is Steven Schneider.

Continue Reading