Connect with us

Movies

Wes Craven on the Future Of ‘Scream’

Published

on

It’s not news that Kevin Williamson had written Scream 4 as the beginning of a new trilogy, with plans already sketched out for the next two films. But after seeing the latest entry, I’m left scratching my head as to where they could go with it. I really hope this new cycle doesn’t burn itself out as quickly as the last one; there was nothing left to poke fun at by the time Scream 3 rolled around.

Wes Craven recently sat down and revealed some non-news about the continuation of the franchise – if it’s even fast-tracked given the poor reception of Scream 4which you can find past the break due to spoilers.
Given the secretive nature of Scream 4‘s storyline, don’t expect anyone to give away any huge plot points this time around either – also, it hasn’t been confirmed that it’s completely written yet either, so presumably no one even knows at this point. Craven tossed this nugget of info out there during a recent junket, which everyone who saw the latest entry will respond to with a resounding, “Well… duh.”

I imagine the core characters will continue. I suspect they’ll be with us until the end, because they just are the heart and soul of the movie and especially since we tend to kill off most of the other people. They’ll be with us. There will be some continuation of the drama of Sidney Prescott’s family and the ghosts that haunt it.

Movies

Caroline Williams Starring in Christmas Slasher Movie ‘He Sees You When You’re Sleeping’ [Image]

Published

on

Bloody Disgusting has learned this week that Caroline Williams (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2) has joined the cast of He Sees You When You’re Sleeping, a Christmas slasher slated to be released this holiday season by The Horror Collective.

In the upcoming slasher, a young man’s Christmas homecoming turns into a nightmare as a killer in a Santa suit gruesomely picks off his estranged, wealthy family for their fortune.

Williams is joined by Nicholas Vince, known for his role in the original Hellraiser, as well as David Lenik (An English Haunting), Peyton Michelle Edwards (Goodbye Honey), and Lauren Marie-Taylor (Friday the 13th Part 2).

Director/Producer Charlie Steeds said in a statement, “I knew David Lenik’s campy Christmas-themed slasher would be a blast to direct. It’s set in the ’80s and we filmed on location in New York State. The script draws inspiration from horror classics such as Black Christmas, Scream and Silent Night, Deadly Night which are all films I adore.”

“Christmas horror films blend holiday cheer with thrilling chills, offering a fresh and exciting twist on traditional celebrations. They’re perfect for those looking to spice up their holiday viewing,” commented Shaked Berenson, CEO of The Horror Collective’s partner company, Entertainment Squad.

The Horror Collective is the genre label of Entertainment Squad, a finance and distribution company founded by veteran producer Shaked Berenson (Turbo Kid, Tales of Halloween). The labels’ latest productions include the killer-pants cult classic Slaxx (Shudder Original) and the critically acclaimed LGBTQ+ horror-comedy Summoning Sylvia.

Check out the official poster for He Sees You When You’re Sleeping below.

Continue Reading