Connect with us

Movies

Wes Craven on the Future Of ‘Scream’

Published

on

It’s not news that Kevin Williamson had written Scream 4 as the beginning of a new trilogy, with plans already sketched out for the next two films. But after seeing the latest entry, I’m left scratching my head as to where they could go with it. I really hope this new cycle doesn’t burn itself out as quickly as the last one; there was nothing left to poke fun at by the time Scream 3 rolled around.

Wes Craven recently sat down and revealed some non-news about the continuation of the franchise – if it’s even fast-tracked given the poor reception of Scream 4which you can find past the break due to spoilers.
Given the secretive nature of Scream 4‘s storyline, don’t expect anyone to give away any huge plot points this time around either – also, it hasn’t been confirmed that it’s completely written yet either, so presumably no one even knows at this point. Craven tossed this nugget of info out there during a recent junket, which everyone who saw the latest entry will respond to with a resounding, “Well… duh.”

I imagine the core characters will continue. I suspect they’ll be with us until the end, because they just are the heart and soul of the movie and especially since we tend to kill off most of the other people. They’ll be with us. There will be some continuation of the drama of Sidney Prescott’s family and the ghosts that haunt it.

Movies

Amblin Movie ‘Thursday Murder Club’ Sounds Like ‘Knives Out’ Meets ‘Cocoon’

Published

on

Chris Columbus (Gremlins – writer, Home Alone – director) is headed back into the director’s chair for Thursday Murder Club, Amblin’s upcoming feature film adaptation of the same-titled novel written by Richard Osman. Variety first reported the news this morning.

It’s not a horror movie, mind you, but rather a star-studded murder-mystery. Think Rian Johnson’s Knives Out… only this particular murder-mystery is set in a retirement community!

Variety details, “The book, released in 2020, tells the story of four septuagenarian friends who live in a retirement community and solve cold cases for fun. When a shady property developer is found dead, the four find themselves in the middle of their first live crime.”

Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan and Ben Kingsley are “being eyed” to lead the cast!

Richard Osman’s 2020 novel was such a hit that it launched a franchise. Follow-up The Man Who Died Twice followed in 2021, with The Bullet That Missed coming along in 2022. And then there was The Last Devil to Die in 2023, with a fifth book in the series expected in 2025.

Continue Reading