Connect with us

Movies

The WWE Wrestles With How To Make A Found Footage Movie In ‘Bermuda’

Published

on

I’m always kind of leery when sports and films collide. I’m not talking about movies about sports, I love Moneyball as much as the next guy. I’m talking about when sports franchises decide they want to make movies. Which is what’s happening now. The WWE venturing into horror, found footage specifically, with the newly announced Bermuda.

Per Deadline, “WWE Studios has acquired Bermuda, a found-footage horror spec script by Bobby Lee Darby and Nathan Brookes. Set in the Bermuda Triangle, the story focuses on a documentary film crew that goes missing. The only trace is the discovery of their film footage chronicling their final desperate days. The scribes previously wrote Slaughter, a homage to Japanese cult horror films that won a Horror Screenplay Competition prize at Slamdance. Original Artists repped the scribes along with Hung Entertainment. ”The Bermuda Triangle has always been an intriguing and mysterious setting,” said WWE Studios president Michael Luisi. “Bobby and Nathan’s script puts a very unique spin on the found footage genre.”

We’ll see! At least it doesn’t seem to actually feature wrestling (although the idea of a found footage film about wrestling sounds intriguing). Readers, what are some good examples of the horror and sports worlds colliding? Let me know in the comments!

Movies

Amblin Movie ‘Thursday Murder Club’ Sounds Like ‘Knives Out’ Meets ‘Cocoon’

Published

on

Chris Columbus (Gremlins – writer, Home Alone – director) is headed back into the director’s chair for Thursday Murder Club, Amblin’s upcoming feature film adaptation of the same-titled novel written by Richard Osman. Variety first reported the news this morning.

It’s not a horror movie, mind you, but rather a star-studded murder-mystery. Think Rian Johnson’s Knives Out… only this particular murder-mystery is set in a retirement community!

Variety details, “The book, released in 2020, tells the story of four septuagenarian friends who live in a retirement community and solve cold cases for fun. When a shady property developer is found dead, the four find themselves in the middle of their first live crime.”

Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan and Ben Kingsley are “being eyed” to lead the cast!

Richard Osman’s 2020 novel was such a hit that it launched a franchise. Follow-up The Man Who Died Twice followed in 2021, with The Bullet That Missed coming along in 2022. And then there was The Last Devil to Die in 2023, with a fifth book in the series expected in 2025.

Continue Reading