General talk about movies, tv, etc.
Glass Eater
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Post by Glass Eater » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:57 am

Se7en wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:13 pm
Was watching The Neon Demon and my landlord asked if I was watching "that weird filmography shit"

This is the world we live in
Rofl, I don't even consider myself much of a art house movie guy, but I can definitely appreciate a beautiful movie when I see it, and just because of movie moves slowly doesn't mean it suddenly lacks a plot :roll:

nancylives! wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:31 pm
hey glass, i saw it with my dad, too; we also saw the original together :D

It was a Birthday present from me to him.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Glass Eater wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:57 am
Se7en wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:13 pm
Was watching The Neon Demon and my landlord asked if I was watching "that weird filmography shit"

This is the world we live in
Rofl, I don't even consider myself much of a art house movie guy, but I can definitely appreciate a beautiful movie when I see it, and just because of movie moves slowly doesn't mean it suddenly lacks a plot :roll:

nancylives! wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:31 pm
hey glass, i saw it with my dad, too; we also saw the original together :D

It was a Birthday present from me to him.
She could tell from the music lol. Ridiculous

But then the movie quickly confirmed that for
her. Explaining that a fashion show is a satanic ritual isn't the easiest thing to do

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:44 am

okay, so i've had almost two weeks to digest 2049 and discuss it with my blade runner illuminati (dad, brother, cousin, friends) and i'm going to see it again tomorrow. i'm looking forward to seeing it again, having more time to look, and seeing if the conversations i've had contribute to making some different meaning out of it. there are some things i just won't get over, but i'm hopeful i'll see some things in a new light.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Aight my roommates going to Edmonton so I'm probably gonna be able to see it for real now

I know yall waiting on this hot take

Edit

Turns out it's here in town and I've been too drunk to notice....

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:25 am

^jeez, se7en, what kind of cineaste are you? see the damn movie already.

saw it again last night, and some of my ambivalence was cleared-up in a positive manner, some of it negative. overall, i liked the movie more the second time around, perhaps because i had time to digest it more and also to lay down some of my internal conflict over a sequel to my favorite movie that's thirty-five years old. there's still a huge issue for me, but i came way this time really appreciating the smartness of the script and its' patient, beautiful execution. my issue with the movie jsut may be something i never get over and that's just how it will be.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:06 pm

nancylives! wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:25 am
^jeez, se7en, what kind of cineaste are you? see the damn movie already.

saw it again last night, and some of my ambivalence was cleared-up in a positive manner, some of it negative. overall, i liked the movie more the second time around, perhaps because i had time to digest it more and also to lay down some of my internal conflict over a sequel to my favorite movie that's thirty-five years old. there's still a huge issue for me, but i came way this time really appreciating the smartness of the script and its' patient, beautiful execution. my issue with the movie jsut may be something i never get over and that's just how it will be.
Started going out with my roommates, money/time has been scarce. I've watched like no movies since the end of the summer. Live in a small town, so I can't exactly watch in theater often.

Either gonna catch it tonight or in Edmonton. I'm lazy and it's cold, so we'll see how it goes tonight. I'm not walking and I'm not leaving my bike at the theater.