Rotting Corpse

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:08 am

Glass Eater
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Glass Eater » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Looks good. I certainly hope they don't make it feel exactly like Empire Strikes back though..

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Glass Eater wrote:Looks good. I certainly hope they don't make it feel exactly like Empire Strikes back though..

Why? it's a trilogy. The second part always ends horribly so the third part can end in a dance BBQ. :|

Glass Eater
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Glass Eater » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Decimus wrote:
Glass Eater wrote:Looks good. I certainly hope they don't make it feel exactly like Empire Strikes back though..

Why? it's a trilogy. The second part always ends horribly so the third part can end in a dance BBQ. :|
I see where you are coming from but one of my one gripes I've had with TFA is the fact that it felt like A New Hope but with a shiny new coat of paint.

If this does the same thing with ESB I'm going to assume Disney simply can't take any risks with this franchise :(

Obviously they can make this have a dark ending, yes. I'm just asking for whole different plot, that's all.

Willowfang
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Willowfang » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Decimus wrote:Why? it's a trilogy. The second part always ends horribly so the third part can end in a dance BBQ. :|
Never thought of the Kenobi and Anakin fight as a "dance BBQ", but I guess it was really...
It was the cow...

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

Glass Eater wrote:
Decimus wrote:

I see where you are coming from but one of my one gripes I've had with TFA is the fact that it felt like A New Hope but with a shiny new coat of paint.

If this does the same thing with ESB I'm going to assume Disney simply can't take any risks with this franchise :(

Obviously they can make this have a dark ending, yes. I'm just asking for whole different plot, that's all.
As much as TFA is a soft reboot of A New Hope, I really hope the new film isn't an Empire clone. I would expect it to be darker as it's the middle chapter of a trilogy, but I hope the story offers up different beats.

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 am

This looks absolutely amazing. Booked my IMAX ticket for opening day!!

Storywise, it seems like there'll be a lot of depth.

Glass Eater
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Glass Eater » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 am

Yeah this looks legit.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:13 am

looks great! got tix for an afternoon show to take my kids, and then an evening show to see it with my brother. i need it to be as awesome as it looks since blade runner 2049 has left me an a state of ambivalent existential distress.