The Walking Dead (TV series)

General talk about movies, tv, etc.
aaronmb
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Re: The Walking Dead (TV series)

Post by aaronmb » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:58 am

Watched the two episodes earlier and it felt meh to me. I doubt I'll watch anymore as I have a lot of other stuff to watch. I just saw that the ratings were really bad for it, even though it's still number 1.

Atmosphere
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Atmosphere » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:35 am

Watched episodes 3 & 4 of Fear.

This show is clearly better than TWD. That's not to say there isn't some dumb shit. But the big difference is that whilst the main show continually dips in quality with every consecutive season, Fear has proved to be learning from its mistakes. It wasn't an instant hit like TWD was, and of course it was never going to be, but I think it's shaping up to have a lot of promise right now. They set a new standard with the last two episodes and I hope they can keep it up.

Glass Eater
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Glass Eater » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 pm

I watched Season 1 of fear. Not a fan. Was excited to see the details of the early zombie apocalypse.

Nope.

Got to see a town held in by the evil National Guard as all the cool details happened off screen over the fence.

Atmosphere
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Atmosphere » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Glass Eater wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 pm
I watched Season 1 of fear. Not a fan. Was excited to see the details of the early zombie apocalypse.

Nope.

Got to see a town held in by the evil National Guard as all the cool details happened off screen over the fence.
The first season was lackluster as hell, I agree. We were kinda promised the zombie apocalypse, and instead we got an incredibly condensed version of that and just a new set of [seemingly boring characters]. And the first half of season two didn't do much to make up for that. But ever since the second mid-season mark this show has been on a winning streak.

Can see why hardcore TWD fans might have been turned off, but it's a shame, because the show has finally found its footing and is genuinely much better than TWD in its current form. There's theories about the show charting the rise of a villain group, which is interesting in and of itself.

Struggling to find many people who share my opinion though, seems like most people either gave up after the first season and kind of don't care anymore or the ones that stuck with it can't see it as a separate entity to it's predecessor.

gwally
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by gwally » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:40 pm

THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 8 OFFICIAL COMIC-CON TRAILER

I hope you got your shittin' pants on.

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-de ... newsletter

black coffee
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by black coffee » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:43 am

Worst TWD season opener ever or worst TWD episode ever?

Fuck me, that was bad. :lol:

Atmosphere
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Atmosphere » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 pm

I give up.

Fear the Walking Dead has even overtaken this shitfest. I love how they built up the first episode to be action-packed akin to Die Hard, and all we got was a few CG explosions and more infinite ammo aimless shooting bullcrap. The people that make this show are literally talentless and it's embarrassing that they seem to think otherwise.

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:29 pm

I feel like the show runners don’t understand the concept behind a season finale and premiere. This episode should have been the last seasons finale, leaving you wondering what’s gonna happen with Negan locked in a trailer after their “war”.

Reminds me of how season 3 ended with a lump and it took a few episode of season 4 to finally get Rick and the Governor facing off finally. The Governor and his story should have been contained in season 3, it felt anticlimactic to have it end 8 episodes into season 4.

It’s the pacing of the episodes and not knowing how to place the important episodes in the appropriate order that is killing the show. Couple those with episodes that are pointless (second half of season 7, the whole walk to Terminus of season 4) and this show is failing big time.

If someone cut out all the bullshit and edited the show together it’d be far more enjoyable.
Last edited by _Blakelock_ on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

aaronmb
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by aaronmb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:38 pm

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 pm

Atmosphere wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 pm
I give up.

Fear the Walking Dead has even overtaken this shitfest. I love how they built up the first episode to be action-packed akin to Die Hard, and all we got was a few CG explosions and more infinite ammo aimless shooting bullcrap. The people that make this show are literally talentless and it's embarrassing that they seem to think otherwise.
I completely give up as well.

That season opener was god awful. All of those pep talks were beyond cringe worthy.

Someone alert me when Negan dies. I'll download that episode, but for now, I'm 100% done with this shit show.