Connect with us

Movies

OMFG of the Day: Vintage Behind-the-Scenes ‘Ghostbusters 2’ Footage Featuring the Slimer Puppet!

Published

on

I’m in a pissy mood and want to head off for the weekend on a good note, so I figured why not post something that’s just so cool it’s impossible not to smile.

If and when a third Ghostbusters were to arrive in theaters, we all know that they’ll rely heavily on CGI for the ghosts. Unearthed and hitting the web in a flurry is the following vintage video featuring puppet tests for Slimer! Piloted by Robin Shelby, below you can watch all sorts of behind-the-scenes goodness from Ghostbusters 2. Too bad juicy stuff like this never hit the DVD/Blu-rays — speaking of, I wonder if Sony will ever do a fresh transfer and fix that piece of sh*t floating around in stores? Mfffff, there go my happy thoughts…

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

NEON’s Horror Movie ‘Cuckoo’ Gets New Poster, New Release Date

Published

on

Cuckoo starring Hunter Schafer - Cuckoo release date

Up next from writer/director Tilman Singer (Luz) is NEON’s strange horror movie Cuckoo, starring Hunter Schafer (“Euphoria”). NEON unveiled a new poster for the upcoming horror movie today, along with a new Cuckoo release date.

Look for Cuckoo to now arrive in theaters nationwide on August 9, 2024.

Check out the new poster below, and expect the trailer for Cuckoo next week.

In Cuckoo: “Reluctantly, 17-year-old Gretchen leaves her American home to live with her father, who has just moved into a resort in the German Alps with his new family. Arriving at their future residence, they are greeted by Mr. König, her father’s boss, who takes an inexplicable interest in Gretchen’s mute half-sister Alma. Something doesn’t seem right in this tranquil vacation paradise. Gretchen is plagued by strange noises and bloody visions until she discovers a shocking secret that also concerns her own family.”

Dan Stevens (The Guest), Jessica Henwick (Underwater), Marton Csókás (Freelance), Greta Fernández (Santo) and Jan Bluthardt (Luz) also star in Cuckoo.

I wrote in my review out of SXSW, “There’s inventive worldbuilding on display that sets this high-concept horror movie apart and a few intense horror cat-and-mouse scenes that deliver palpable tension. But Singer approaches it with a playful sense of humor that only further nudges Cuckoo into the realm of weird cinema. It’s so refreshingly unconventional and unpredictable in every way, right down to its raucous, entertainingly silly finale, that it’s hard to care about all of the plot that gets discarded along the way.”

NEON is having a busy year in horror. The Sydney Sweeney-starring Immaculate is in theaters now with the Nicolas Cage-starring Longlegs set to arrive in July.

Tom Quinn, Jeff Deutchman, Emily Thomas and Ryan Friscia executive produced Cuckoo for Neon, with producers including Markus Halberschmidt, Josh Rosenbaum, Maria Tsigka, and Ken Kao, Thor Bradwell and Ben Rimmer. Shot on 35mm in Germany, the upcoming film is a cooperation between Germany’s Fiction Park and the United States’ Waypoint Entertainment.

Cuckoo release date

Continue Reading