Connect with us

Movies

Tom Felton Briefly Talks ‘The Apparition’

Published

on

Harry Potter star Tom Felton has let a few details slip, emphasis on few, about his new horror thriller The Apparition. Filmed in the US and Berlin last year, the Todd Lincoln-directed ghost story stars Ashley Greene (The Twilight Saga), Sebastian Stan (Black Swan, The Covenent) and Tom Felton (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Harry Potter franchise).

Draco Mal – sorry – Tom Felton spoke to Bloody Disgusting’s Maria Lewis ahead of release of the final instalment in the Harry Potter series. The 23-year-old Brit said he would describe The Apparition as a “psychological thriller” and “not a horror exactly.” The film follows a couple who are haunted by a supernatural presence unleashed during a college experiment.
Felton said he “can’t say too much” about the plot, except that he plays a supernatural expert the couple seek help from later in the film. He said the cast shot in Berlin for about a month in 2010 and he “fell in love with the city.

At home, I prefer a quiet night-in than going out,” he said.

I live about 30 miles outside London, more country than city.

I have a dog, I stay home at night, watch TV, play my guitar.

In Berlin, I went out almost every night to see live music.

It was quite a scene. I really enjoyed it.

I fell in love with the place.

In January Felton told the LA Times The Apparition is in the tradition of Flatliners. Although originally schedule for a September 9, 2011 release date Warner Bros. have pushed The Apparition back to an undetermined 2012 date.

Here’s the official plot crunch: “A couple are haunted by a supernatural presence that is unleashed during a college experiment.

When frightening events start to occur in their home, young couple Kelly (Ashley Greene) and Ben (Sebastian Stan) discover they are being haunted by a presence that was accidentally conjured during a university parapsychology experiment. The horrifying apparition feeds on their fear and torments them no matter where they try to run. Their last hope is an expert in the supernatural (Tom Felton), but even with his help they may already be too late to save themselves from this terrifying force…

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading