Connect with us

Movies

[EFM ’12] Celluloid Nightmares Digs Up ‘Dead Mine’

Published

on

Celluloid Nightmares has picked up international rights outside Asia to English-language action horror Dead Mine, co-produced by HBO Asia and Singapore-based Infinite Studios, reports Screen Daily.

It tells the story of a group of treasure hunters who venture into the Indonesian jungle to search for gold looted by Japanese forces during World War II. But they find themselves under attack and trapped underground in a Japanese Imperial Army bunker.

Directed and co-written by UK director Steven Sheil (Mum & Dad), the film stars cult Japanese action star Miki Mizuno (Bayside Shakedown), UK actors Sam Hazeldine and Les Loveday and Malaysian actress Carmen Soo.

The film, currently in post-production, marks the first time that HBO Asia has produced a feature in Asia. Celluloid Nightmares will also represent Japanese rights.

Infinite Studios, previously called Infinite Frameworks, is a production and facilities company which is constructing new studio developments in Singapore and the Indonesian island of Batam. Dead Mine was filmed on Batam, both on location and at Infinite’s sound stages.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading