What's the last Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS you picked up?

Discussion of current and upcoming DVD releases, technical specifications only. Film discussion itself to be kept to their respective sections.
Jaawsshhh
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: What's the last Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS you picked up?

Post by Jaawsshhh » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 pm

0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 am
Nightmare on Elm Street 8-film collection on DVD
Friday the 13th 8-film collection on DVD
The Fly on Bluray
Annabelle on Bluray
Carrie on Bluray
Cabin in the Woods on DVD
IT (1990 miniseries) on Bluray
Child's Play on Bluray
The Return of the Living Dead on Bluray
Poltergeist on Bluray

That's quite a lot of horror movies I have never seen before. Awesome deals from Walmart, though.
I just got this at Walmart last week. Couldn't believe it was only $7! And the new cover art was dope.

0Father0Satan0Sun
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by 0Father0Satan0Sun » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Jaawsshhh wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 pm
0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
The Fly on Bluray
Annabelle on Bluray
Carrie on Bluray
Child's Play on Bluray
Poltergeist on Bluray

That's quite a lot of horror movies I have never seen before. Awesome deals from Walmart, though.
I just got this at Walmart last week. Couldn't believe it was only $7! And the new cover art was dope.
To be honest, ti was worth a buy. I watched the movie for the first time last week and I thought it was pretty good, despite as a cult classic. And yes, that cover art was awesome.

Leatherface713
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Leatherface713 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:34 am

pre-ordered Suspiria from HDN. Synapse steelbook but collector edition. pumped.

https://shop.hidefninja.com/collections ... xclusive-3

Steelio1988
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Steelio1988 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:47 pm

0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:48 pm
Jaawsshhh wrote:
0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
The Fly on Bluray
Annabelle on Bluray
Carrie on Bluray
Child's Play on Bluray
Poltergeist on Bluray

To be honest, ti was worth a buy. I watched the movie for the first time last week and I thought it was pretty good, despite as a cult classic. And yes, that cover art was awesome.
Yeah the cover art was what sold me on Return of the Living Dead. Also picked up Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Found the Psycho The Complete 4 Film Collection on dvd. Was trying to decide if it was worth the buy for $16.

0Father0Satan0Sun
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by 0Father0Satan0Sun » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:28 am

Steelio1988 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:47 pm
0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
Jaawsshhh wrote:

Yeah the cover art was what sold me on Return of the Living Dead. Also picked up Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Found the Psycho The Complete 4 Film Collection on dvd. Was trying to decide if it was worth the buy for $16.
I saw the that cover of "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" the same day I bought two DVD collections and some stand-alone horror films. Looking that movie on RT now, "Killer Klowns" is 59 percent by the audience on Rotten Tomatoes so I wouldn't want to believe that. Is it any good?

As for Psycho 4-film collection, I saw that at Best Buy yesterday where I picked up iZombie season 3 on DVD. However, I only want to find and buy the first film of Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece because I have never seen and I'm still interested to watch it on either DVD or Blu-ray but I feel don't like watching these sequels if they're considered 'bad'. Please let me know about the collection or the sequels.

Orville Ketchum
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Orville Ketchum » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Steelio1988
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Steelio1988 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:56 pm

0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:28 am
Steelio1988 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:47 pm
0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:

I saw the that cover of "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" the same day I bought two DVD collections and some stand-alone horror films. Looking that movie on RT now, "Killer Klowns" is 59 percent by the audience on Rotten Tomatoes so I wouldn't want to believe that. Is it any good?

As for Psycho 4-film collection, I saw that at Best Buy yesterday where I picked up iZombie season 3 on DVD. However, I only want to find and buy the first film of Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece because I have never seen and I'm still interested to watch it on either DVD or Blu-ray but I feel don't like watching these sequels if they're considered 'bad'. Please let me know about the collection or the sequels.
For $5, Killer Klowns isn't bad. It has a few interesting ideas. Some of the effects are cool too. Not gonna spoil anything but one of the strong ones, to me, involves a shadow puppet. That was definitely original.

The story isn't the strongest. It's a big throwback to 50s films. So if you enjoy big cheesy films, id recommend it. It has a bit of fun to it.

It would make an interesting double feature with the film Stitches.

As for the Psycho Collection, I have seen II-IV and honestly I wouldn't consider them as bad. All three of them have something interesting to add. Though, out of those 3, Part 3 is the one that is the weakest. But all 3 continue Norman's story with Anthony Perkins doing a solid job. And it's interesting seeing Henry Thomas (Elliot from E.T.) play a young Norman. Looking at IV now, it was in a way a Proto-Bates Motel.

H.P. Pufncraft
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by H.P. Pufncraft » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:19 am

Steelio1988
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Steelio1988 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:16 pm

H.P. Pufncraft wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:19 am
If I wouldn't have bought the previous dvd set of the 6 films, I would instantly bought this. Love the artwork for it.

H.P. Pufncraft
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by H.P. Pufncraft » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Steelio1988 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:16 pm
H.P. Pufncraft wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:19 am
If I wouldn't have bought the previous dvd set of the 6 films, I would instantly bought this. Love the artwork for it.
Yeah I already own the first 3 movies but When I saw the artwork for this I knew I had to have it.