Connect with us

Movies

TV: John Hawkes To Rock An Eye-Patch For ‘The Walking Dead’?

Published

on

John Hawkes

While Tom Savini continues to campaign to play “The Governor” in future episodes of AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” he also told Movieweb who the cabler is actually considering.

Listen, I have been campaigning to be the governor on that damn thing with Greg Nicotero for over a year,” Savini explains. “Everytime I see the graphic novel, and I see a picture of the governor, who looks just like me, I send Greg a picture. I just won’t give up. Last time I talked to him about it, when I was in Los Angeles, he said they were going after a name for that part. I said, “Who?” He said John Hawkes. Well, I never heard of John Hawkes. But then he reminds me that we were in ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ together. He is the guy at the beginning in the store that fires on them. Apparently he was up for an Academy Award. He was up for something called ‘Winter’s Bone’. That’s whom they are going after for The Governor. But everyone I talk to, the people that read the graphic novels…They’ve all said that I would be the perfect governor. Because he is tough and brutal. And…I look just like the graphic depiction of him!

Savini may look like a bit like The Governor, but you just can’t argue that John Hawkes is a better candidate. The dude is one of the best actors on the planet having starred in “Lost,” “Deadwood” and the critically acclaimed Martha Marcy May Marlene. Who would you personally like to see? John Hawkes

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading