Connect with us

Movies

Vin Diesel Shows Us ‘Riddick’! Again! Neat!

Published

on

Vin Diesel has taken to Facebook again for another update on Riddick. Personally, I’m sure you guys would like to see some pics that give us a sense of scope on the project. Not just picture after picture of the character. But I could be wrong.

Per the thesp, “First time I posted about Riddick was back in 2009, Facebook was fresh… They were asking me to come to the headquarters to talk about this new concept of communicating with fans. I was proud to lead that wave, yet all I was doing, was opening up about my passion – film. So this picture of our 2012 production of ‘Riddick, is a cool victory for all of us… it shows that studios can be influenced by your voice.

Katee Sackoff, Jordi Molla and Nolan Funk all star in the second sequel to Pitch Black that’s in production under the command of franchise director David Twohy.

Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick (Diesel) fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.

Hit the jump for the full pic. At least this one is higher resolution than the last two.

Movies

‘The Platform 2’ – Netflix Shares First Images from the Sequel to 2020 Hit

Published

on

The Platform 2 Netflix

Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia’s The Platform was a massive hit for Netflix back in 2020, becoming one of the most watched original movies in the streaming service’s history.

Coming soon? The Platform 2! Netflix has shared two first look images from the upcoming sequel this morning, which will again be directed by Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia.

Milena Smit and Hovik Keuchkerian star in The Platform 2.

Netflix previews, “A mysterious figure has managed to establish a new law in The Platform, but can justice truly be enforced in hell? And who will enforce it?”

No word yet on a Netflix premiere date for The Platform 2. Stay tuned.

The first film is set inside a vertical prison system, where inmates are assigned to a level and forced to ration food from a platform that moves between the floors. Inmates on high floors eat better than those below, and one man tries to effect change so everyone gets enough.

Rafael reviewed The Platform for us at TIFF, raving in his 4.5-star write-up: “The Platform takes full advantage of its isolated setting and small cast to instead focus on a high concept, a tight script, and sharp dialogue that will make you laugh as often as it will make you think. This is a funny, heartfelt, at times disgusting, yet also thought-provoking sci-fi thriller that reminds of Bong Joon-ho’s Snowpiercer, but with way better food.”

The Platform also made Daniel Kurland’s Best International Horror Films of 2020 list.

The Platform 2 Netflix sequel

Continue Reading