Stephen King's IT

Some of us really do know how to read!
Glass Eater
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Re: Stephen King's IT

Post by Glass Eater » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 am

While I drive in work I'm currently listening to it on Audio Books, and the one reading it is non other the actor Steve Weber (I remembered him being the cult Leader from Helix Season 2).

He's fantastic, literally gets so animated and really makes it exciting. Loving the book so far, more than half way ..

Formaldehide&Seek
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Formaldehide&Seek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Glass Eater wrote:While I drive in work I'm currently listening to it on Audio Books, and the one reading it is non other the actor Steve Weber (I remembered him being the cult Leader from Helix Season 2).

He's fantastic, literally gets so animated and really makes it exciting. Loving the book so far, more than half way ..
Yeah, his career seems to have slowed down but i bet he could make a killing reading all of king's works. Tried listening to a version before him and it was so dull, thanks to Mr Webber for giving it some balls.

Glass Eater
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Glass Eater » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 am

Formaldehide&Seek wrote:
Glass Eater wrote:While I drive in work I'm currently listening to it on Audio Books, and the one reading it is non other the actor Steve Weber (I remembered him being the cult Leader from Helix Season 2).

Yeah, his career seems to have slowed down but i bet he could make a killing reading all of king's works. Tried listening to a version before him and it was so dull, thanks to Mr Webber for giving it some balls.
Yeah, he absolutely takes it out of the park. Especially on intense moments with Bev and Tom or her Father, he plays the role so well you can just feel the dread and tension.

With that being said, I just finished the Book last night. I absolutely loved it. I'm super stoked for the new movie, bring it on!

Spoilers ahead.

The ending with Bill riding Silver down Main street with Audra behind him was such a satisfying ending, it nearly made me cry. That book really gets you attached to the characters, soooo good.

Formaldehide&Seek
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Formaldehide&Seek » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Glass Eater wrote:
The ending with Bill riding Silver down Main street with Audra behind him was such a satisfying ending, it nearly made me cry. That book really gets you attached to the characters, soooo good.
Yeah i agree with some people who say it did not translate very well into the mini series but in the book its one of the more heavily called back up on elements outside of the horror story. The bit that gets me at the end ***SPOILERS*** was how they all started to forget Derry and forget each other but it was highly necessary because although they "Killed" IT. It's an ancient entity that does not completely die as it is fuelled by our memories and fear so because their memories of eachother and Derry we dying so was their memories of IT leaving it to lie dormant for the rest of time. A little of that is what comes for the book and some a theory i was left to dwell on after i finished.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 am

Really hope they actually change the ending a bit in the new movie.

The whole talking turtle was a fiasco in my opinion, there was absolutely no build up to that and it seemed like a cop out.

It's still a very satisfying read but as most people acknowledge the first half is vastly superior to the second half, the beauty of the book itself is that it flows very well and it never seems like a chore or parts that drag on which is surprising for a 1000+ page book.

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:50 am

Freddy_Lives wrote:Really hope they actually change the ending a bit in the new movie.

The whole talking turtle was a fiasco in my opinion, there was absolutely no build up to that and it seemed like a cop out.

It's still a very satisfying read but as most people acknowledge the first half is vastly superior to the second half, the beauty of the book itself is that it flows very well and it never seems like a chore or parts that drag on which is surprising for a 1000+ page book.
Pretty sure the ending will be changed for the movie. Some things in print just don't translate to the screen.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:02 pm

gunsrazorsknives wrote:
Pretty sure the ending will be changed for the movie. Some things in print just don't translate to the screen.
One can only hope.

I didn't mind the giant spider aspect as IT was definitely mentioned as a shape shifter when they acknowledge IT was alien.

Just the whole Turtle shit didn't make sense at all.

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:
gunsrazorsknives wrote:
One can only hope.

I didn't mind the giant spider aspect as IT was definitely mentioned as a shape shifter when they acknowledge IT was alien.

Just the whole Turtle shit didn't make sense at all.
I wouldn't mind the giant spider if it's done right. As you say, IT is a shape shifter so as long as it's explained so in the movie then the spider would work.