Comic book discussion thread

Some of us really do know how to read!
Mr. Awesome
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: Comic book discussion thread

Post by Mr. Awesome » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Only picked up one comic at NYCC day one.

Lady Death: Extinction Express 1 - Had it signed by Brian Pulido

Mr. Awesome
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mr. Awesome » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:52 pm

NYCC day two pick ups.

I got a few more variants of Lady Death: Chaos Rules, Damnation Game, and Extinction Express. All signed by Brian Pulido.

Also picked up two from the Dynamite Comics booth:
Pathfinder: Goblins 1
Evil Ernie: Godeater 1

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Sad to hear Steve Dillon has died.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Midnight-Kroovy wrote:Sad to hear Steve Dillon has died.
Very sad indeed.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Anybody out there a modern day Batman/DC comic "expert"? I'm trying to compile the collection of graphic novels to catch me up from the late 90s to about Blackest Night. I have some of them, but I keep finding conflicting lists and just 'best guesses' on the net. So if anyone knows the correct reading order or has a more definitive list on a reliable website it would be greatly appreciated.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:02 pm

nancylives! wrote:.....
Mayday wrote:....

Latest pick up!

Willowfang
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Willowfang » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Mayday wrote:Anybody out there a modern day Batman/DC comic "expert"? I'm trying to compile the collection of graphic novels to catch me up from the late 90s to about Blackest Night. I have some of them, but I keep finding conflicting lists and just 'best guesses' on the net. So if anyone knows the correct reading order or has a more definitive list on a reliable website it would be greatly appreciated.
No expert, but check this list and read the comments for any additional info, comicvine is usually a great source for pretty much everything comic related

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/ba ... wi-654156/
It was the cow...

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Willowfang wrote:
Mayday wrote:Anybody out there a modern day Batman/DC comic "expert"? I'm trying to compile the collection of graphic novels to catch me up from the late 90s to about Blackest Night. I have some of them, but I keep finding conflicting lists and just 'best guesses' on the net. So if anyone knows the correct reading order or has a more definitive list on a reliable website it would be greatly appreciated.
No expert, but check this list and read the comments for any additional info, comicvine is usually a great source for pretty much everything comic related

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/ba ... wi-654156/
I found that list, but the author admits it's not 100% accurate, and I cross-referenced it with other sources and verified it has errors.
Was hoping maybe someone knew of a better source. Awhile back I tried using DC's websites, but they don't seem to care about laying out a timeline for their readers to follow. :?
Iggy wrote: Latest pick up!

Willowfang
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Willowfang » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Mayday wrote:I found that list, but the author admits it's not 100% accurate, and I cross-referenced it with other sources and verified it has errors.
Was hoping maybe someone knew of a better source. Awhile back I tried using DC's websites, but they don't seem to care about laying out a timeline for their readers to follow. :?
Ya know, what about a cataloging program?

I think Comicvine has one I used for my collection, but I don't see it so maybe you'd have to register.

Anyway, such a program would/should have all the publishing dates, so can go through those maybe
It was the cow...

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Willowfang wrote:
Mayday wrote:I found that list, but the author admits it's not 100% accurate, and I cross-referenced it with other sources and verified it has errors.
Ya know, what about a cataloging program?

I think Comicvine has one I used for my collection, but I don't see it so maybe you'd have to register.

Anyway, such a program would/should have all the publishing dates, so can go through those maybe
Now that you mention it, a friend recommended a free program like that to me awhile back that I downloaded for free. I'll have to try dredging it up and see if that works. Thx for the suggestion.