Connect with us

Movies

‘Fright Night 3D’ Director Craig Gillespie Talks Next Gig: ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’

Published

on

Speaking with Craig Gillespie earlier today after viewing some footage from his latest directorial effort Fright Night 3D, the Lars and the Real Girl helmer managed to talk very briefly about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the heavily-hyped adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel on which he recently replaced Mike White as director. Though he remained mum on any specifics, he did admit that no decision has been made yet on whether they’ll attempt to cash in on the current (waning?) 3-D craze with the film.

That bridge hasn’t been crossed yet,” he said, before commenting on the fact that the horror/comedy hybrid will be his second genre film in a row after ‘Fright Night’: “With ‘Zombies’, I’m not looking to be labeled in any kind of genre or anything, it’s just, again, the script came across my desk and what I responded to is the tone. It’s such a clear tone, there’s so much humor in it, it’s so loyal to that period with the dialogue and the banter, and then you’ve got…zombies. It’s just such a fun mix.

Given White’s recent departure from the project due to scheduling conflicts, Gillespie also made sure to point out that he’ll definitely be remaining on board for the duration of the production.

Yeah, yeah I am [definitely directing it],” he maintained. “Luckily everybody else had solid reasons why they couldn’t do it!

Movies

‘Mountain Man’ – Joe Manganiello Will Battle Zombies in Upcoming Horror Movie

Published

on

Pictured: Joe Manganiello in 'Archenemy'

Keith C. Blackmore’s book series Mountain Man is headed to the screen, with Deadline reporting today that Joe Manganiello (“True Blood”) is on board to star in the film adaptation.

The actor will also produce the upcoming zombie movie.

Mountain Man tells the story of Gus, a lonely post-apocalyptic survivor facing isolation and the ever-present specter of a zombie attack, who struggles with alcohol abuse and suicidal thoughts until he discovers another survivor, a captivating woman who poses another threat altogether.”

John Lee (False Positive) will direct Mountain Man from a script by Matt Deller.

“John is a brilliant creative mind. We’ve been looking for the right thing to do together since we filmed Pee Wee’s Big Holiday and it’s finally here,” 3:59’s Joe and Nick Manganiello told Deadline. “Very excited to get to work on such weird, wild project with him.”

Film Bridge International is launching sales on the project in Cannes.

Continue Reading