Connect with us

Movies

Spielberg Still Thinks About Future of ‘Jaws’ Franchise

Published

on

With Jaws celebrating its 36th anniversary, AICN‘s Eric Vespe (aka Quint) recently got to chat with the man himself, Steven Spielberg, about the film and his career in general. We got a tidbit from the interview last week, when word got out that the Blu-ray is in the works without any sort of digital alterations (!), and now you can read the interview in its entirety right here.

Jaws is easily one of the most memorable films of all-time and it’s always been assumed that Spielberg was asked to come back for the sequel (which he turned down because hates shooting at sea). He moved onto greener pastures and left the franchise, but it seems as thought the shark that refused to work is always on his mind.

When asked about how he would have approached making a sequel, Spielberg responded, “No, no idea at all, but I have a very, very good scene which I thought would have been good for a sequel someday, which I will tell you someday because I don’t want it in print. But I’ll tell you my scene some day. Every time I think of this scene I think, ‘Hmmm, could this be another Jaws movie?’ and I have to immediately stop myself and immediately pull myself back down to Earth.

Now, the odds of him actually returning is probably slim to none, but the world would certainly be a better place for it. Each of the three follow-ups Universal made during the late 70’s and 80’s are either unwatchable or unintentionally hilarious (check past the break for the alternate ending of Jaws: The Revenge to see what I mean), and seeing him return would at least end the franchise on a sweet note – and not one that sounds like a mentally challenged lion.

Home Video

Surprise! The Horror Movie ‘Immaculate’ Starring Sydney Sweeney Is Now Available at Home!

Published

on

Sydney Sweeney horror

After making an impressive $21 million at the worldwide box office, NEON’s new horror movie Immaculate starring Sydney Sweeney has surprise-released at home this week.

Beginning today, Immaculate is now available for digital purchase ($19.99) and rental ($9.99)! We’ve also learned that the film is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on June 11, 2024.

The home release comes on the heels of Immaculate’s massive success at the United States box office, quickly becoming an audience favorite, grossing over $15.2mm and counting, and remaining in the U.S. box office top 10 for three weeks. The Blu-ray and DVD will feature a commentary track from director Michael Mohan, NEON has let us know this morning.

The horror film reunites Sydney Sweeney with director Michael Mohan (The Voyeurs), who directed from a script by Andrew LobelSweeney stars in Immaculate as Cecilia, a woman of devout faith who is offered a fulfilling new role at an illustrious Italian convent.

“Her warm welcome to the picture-perfect Italian countryside is soon interrupted as it becomes clearer to Cecilia that her new home harbors some dark and horrifying secrets.”

Meagan Navarro wrote in her review for Bloody Disgusting, “Sydney Sweeney is this familiar religious horror movie’s saving grace. Sister Cecilia is a doe-eyed innocent whose unlikely circumstances force her into a tremendously satisfying arc. She attempts to outmaneuver a powerful foe, and when things really go off the rails, Sweeney plunges headfirst into a primal ferocity that leads to one bold, crowd-cheering conclusion.”

Here’s the full list of new horror movie releases for this week.

Immaculate VOD

Continue Reading