Connect with us

Movies

‘Underworld: Awakening 3D’ Made $25 Million This Weekend, What Did You Think?

Published

on

Underworld Awakening

I know a TON of you guys saw Underworld: Awakening 3D this weekend. It just grossed an estimated $25 million, outpacing Rise Of The Lycans by a significant margin.

While I didn’t love the movie (I’m not a huge Underworld fan), I did think it was the best in the series. From my review.

There’s almost a remarkable spark that accompanies this synergy of people cutting the bullsh*t and consciously embracing the humble simplicity of making a film designed only to be the very best kind of this type of movie. And that’s exactly what ‘Underworld: Awakening’ is. Sure I’m grading on a curve here, but it’s easily the best ‘Underworld’ movie. I was actually entertained throughout its appropriately brief 88 minute running time.

But what did you guys think? Write in with your review now!

Also, given this film’s box office performance and its ‘A-‘ Cinemascore (which means that audiences liked it enough that we can expect it to continue to do well next weekend, unlike Devil Inside), I’d say it’s more than likely we’ll be seeing a 5TH Underworld film – even though one has yet to be officially announced.

Hit up the comments to let us know what you’d like to see in the 5th one, or if you just want the series to die already!

Exclusives

‘Humane’ Exclusive Clip Sees Emily Hampshire Weigh Killer Odds in Caitlin Cronenberg’s Feature Debut

Published

on

Humane clip - Jay Baruchel and Emily Hampshire

The daughter of horror master David Cronenberg, Caitlin Cronenberg, is making her own mark in the genre filmmaking space with Humane, a dark horror satire set in an overpopulated world with grim government sanctions. We’ve got a new exclusive clip that highlights the intense stakes for a family torn apart by the government’s euthanasia program.

Humane will first be arriving in theaters courtesy of IFC Films on April 26, 2024. The film later comes home to Shudder July 26.

The film is described as “a dystopian satire taking place over a single day, months after a global ecological collapse has forced world leaders to take extreme measures to reduce the earth’s population.”

“In a wealthy enclave, a recently retired newsman has invited his grown children to dinner to announce his intentions to enlist in the nation’s new euthanasia program. But when the father’s plan goes horribly awry, tensions flare and chaos erupts among his children.”

Jay Baruchel (This Is The End), Emily Hampshire (Schitt’s Creek), Peter Gallagher (Grace and Frankie), Sebastian Chacon (Emergency), Alanna Bale (Sort Of, Cardinal) and Sirena Gulamgaus (Transplant) will star in Caitlin Cronenberg’s Humane.

Watch the exclusive clip below, which sees ruthless older sibling Rachel York (Emily Hampshire) weighing her odds, both for survival and the family inheritance. With the family forced to make an unthinkable choice, the clip sets up the tense scenario and the film’s dark sense of humor.

“Caitlin has crafted a provocative directorial debut exuding a timeliness and evocative social critique that highlights one of the most assured and exciting new voices to contend with,” Scott Shooman, head of AMC Networks’ Film Group, said. “We are honored to distribute Caitlin’s first full-length feature for its theatrical release and presence on our streaming platform, Shudder.”

“With ‘Humane,’ Caitlin has delivered a wickedly smart, humorous and socially relevant thriller with exceptional performances from its outstanding cast,” added Emily Gotto, Shudder’s VP of global acquisitions & co-productions. “We can’t wait to share this chilling, prescient satire with Shudder members.”

Michael Sparaga wrote the script and also produces the movie.

Humane poster

Continue Reading