Connect with us

Movies

‘Underworld: Awakening 3D’ Made $25 Million This Weekend, What Did You Think?

Published

on

Underworld Awakening

I know a TON of you guys saw Underworld: Awakening 3D this weekend. It just grossed an estimated $25 million, outpacing Rise Of The Lycans by a significant margin.

While I didn’t love the movie (I’m not a huge Underworld fan), I did think it was the best in the series. From my review.

There’s almost a remarkable spark that accompanies this synergy of people cutting the bullsh*t and consciously embracing the humble simplicity of making a film designed only to be the very best kind of this type of movie. And that’s exactly what ‘Underworld: Awakening’ is. Sure I’m grading on a curve here, but it’s easily the best ‘Underworld’ movie. I was actually entertained throughout its appropriately brief 88 minute running time.

But what did you guys think? Write in with your review now!

Also, given this film’s box office performance and its ‘A-‘ Cinemascore (which means that audiences liked it enough that we can expect it to continue to do well next weekend, unlike Devil Inside), I’d say it’s more than likely we’ll be seeing a 5TH Underworld film – even though one has yet to be officially announced.

Hit up the comments to let us know what you’d like to see in the 5th one, or if you just want the series to die already!

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading