Connect with us

Movies

Faux Documentary ‘Apartment 143’ Has A Trailer!

Published

on

Apartment 143 Emergo

Yesterday was all about Apartment 143 (Emergo) as we released a stack of new images and the film’s official poster for the Spanish haunter opening on VOD April 27, with a limited theatrical run slated for June 1.

While we wait for Magnet to unleash the official trailer on Apple later today, this morning it hit international waters. The film is English-language, so no need for subs! The footage reminds me of Sidney J. Furie’s classic 1982 The Entity (I’m pretty sure I saw a brief shot of a ghost-rape about to occur) with all of the ghostly violent. I just hope it doesn’t come off like a physical comedy – watching nothing throw a guy around for an hour just isn’t scary.

Directed by Carles Torrens, and starring Kai Lennox, Michael O’Keefee, Gia Mantegna, Rick Gonzalez, Fionna Glascott, and Francesc Garrido, “All types of cameras are used – video, HD, 8mm, 16mm, and 35mm – as we follow scientists’ footsteps through a haunted house, casting a frightening spell over the audience. Brace yourself for this terrifying experience!

Shot entirely in English, Emergo is the descendant of The Blair Witch Project and REC, but breaks away from tradition by revolutionizing filmmaking altogether.

Apartment 143 Emergo

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

Dan Stevens and Al Pacino Starring in Exorcism Horror Movie ‘The Ritual’

Published

on

Pictured: Dan Stevens in 'The Guest'

Dan Stevens is everywhere lately, from Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire to Abigail and the upcoming Cuckoo. We’re not complaining. Up next? He’s starring in horror movie The Ritual.

Al Pacino and Dan Stevens have both joined the cast of the upcoming exorcism horror movie from XYZ Films and director David Midell, Variety reports this afternoon.

Based on a true story, the film “follows two priests — one questioning his faith (Stevens) and one reckoning with a troubled past (Pacino) — who must put aside their differences to save a possessed young woman through a difficult and dangerous series of exorcisms.”

Variety details, “The film is an authentic portrayal of Emma Schmidt, an American woman whose demonic possession culminated in harrowing exorcisms. Her case remains the most thoroughly documented exorcism in American history.”

David Midell and Enrico Natale wrote the screenplay for The Ritual.

XYZ Films is planning to release the horror film theatrically in 2025.

[Related] Russell Crowe Stars in Upcoming Horror Movie ‘The Exorcism’

Al Pacino in ‘The Devil’s Advocate’

Continue Reading