Off Topic - October 2017 - The Most Wonder-horror-ful Time of the Year Edition

The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.
_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: Off Topic - October 2017 - The Most Wonder-horror-ful Time of the Year Edition

Post by _Blakelock_ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Cryptus wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm
_Blakelock_ wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:31 pm
Apparently I’m the only one that doesn’t care about the whole Weinstein sex scandal thing. Facebook and twitter won’t shut up about it.
Yeah people are a little funny about the whole rape and sexual assault thing.

Which is why I use duct tape now
:lol:

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: Off Topic - October 2017 - The Most Wonder-horror-ful Time of the Year Edition

Post by Se7en » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 am

Getting serious Halloween vibes now

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Saw my doctor today and we decided on the weight loss surgery I'm going to be having. The process is going to be a lengthy one. I'll be meeting with a team of doctors and nurses who will be working with my insurance to explain and prove why they have to pay for the procedure. From there I'll be doing various things to get ready, talking to psychologists, learning the pre-op and post op diet, setting up the appointments for each visit until the surgery, etc. We're ball parking the surgery to happen around February, right when my little girl is due to come into the world. It's a high risk surgery for me, so with a little luck I can get through the surgery, meet my daughter, and drop this fucking weight and stick around to deal with you assholes for a few more decades.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm
Saw my doctor today and we decided on the weight loss surgery I'm going to be having. The process is going to be a lengthy one. I'll be meeting with a team of doctors and nurses who will be working with my insurance to explain and prove why they have to pay for the procedure. From there I'll be doing various things to get ready, talking to psychologists, learning the pre-op and post op diet, setting up the appointments for each visit until the surgery, etc. We're ball parking the surgery to happen around February, right when my little girl is due to come into the world. It's a high risk surgery for me, so with a little luck I can get through the surgery, meet my daughter, and drop this fucking weight and stick around to deal with you assholes for a few more decades.
GL man. I've gone through 4 major surgeries myself, two of which were completely unplanned but necessary to fix major problems, and 2 of which were to try to fix problems I suffered because I had surgery and my body didn't react well to it. It's scary as hell before and possibly even scarier after, but you can and will pull through it. Just don't have it at Johns Hopkins. That hospital sucks in its post-op care.

Willowfang
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Willowfang » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Have you tried any Gypsy curses?
It was the cow...

gwally
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by gwally » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:47 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
I wish you the best of luck, man. Too bad there isn’t an easy way to do a weight transfer as I’m donw to 134 and could use the extra pounds!
Congratulations on the new arrival also! I have three daughters. Greatest experience ever!!

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Good luck Blakelock, sounds like hardwork but I hope you can smash all your targets and reap all the rewards!

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 am

Mayday wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm
GL man. I've gone through 4 major surgeries myself, two of which were completely unplanned but necessary to fix major problems, and 2 of which were to try to fix problems I suffered because I had surgery and my body didn't react well to it. It's scary as hell before and possibly even scarier after, but you can and will pull through it. Just don't have it at Johns Hopkins. That hospital sucks in its post-op care.
Thanks man. I've only had one surgery and that was for my tonsils and it was twenty years ago, so this should be a hoot. Oddly enough the hospital we're using was the one I was born in, so if I die I'll have went out at the same place I came in! :lol:
Willowfang wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm
Have you tried any Gypsy curses?
That's the next step should my insurance not cover the surgery. ;)
gwally wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:47 pm
I wish you the best of luck, man. Too bad there isn’t an easy way to do a weight transfer as I’m donw to 134 and could use the extra pounds! Congratulations on the new arrival also! I have three daughters. Greatest experience ever!!
Dude I'd give you all the weight I could, I'm at 343, so I have plenty to give. I'm excited to meet my new one, she's gonna be my princess, told her mom I'd be getting a second job to make sure she gets her castle and tiara and all that. I'm gonna have to find a three bedroom to move into before she gets here and spruce it up.
Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am
Good luck Blakelock, sounds like hardwork but I hope you can smash all your targets and reap all the rewards!
Thanks! It's gonna be a lengthy road but I've got a few things working for me. Due to my psoriasis they're going to remove the excess skin, I'll still need to work out but won't have wings or flab hanging in the meantime. Plus the surgery will cut down on my chances of getting diabetes, something my doc is worried I'm about to get. Turns out cutting part of your stomach out removes certain enzymes that cause diabetes. He said that a lot of patients who get the surgery end up diabetes free after three to four months, which is pretty cool.

They're gonna put a catheter in me for the surgery. I've already made it clear I want it in and out while I'm asleep, not when I'm awake. Fuck that. :x

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:38 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 am
They're gonna put a catheter in me for the surgery. I've already made it clear I want it in and out while I'm asleep, not when I'm awake. Fuck that. :x
Good luck with that. I never had that option. Although having it removed awake isn't half as excrutiatingly painful as having it inserted while awake.

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Mayday wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:38 pm
_Blakelock_ wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 am
Good luck with that. I never had that option. Although having it removed awake isn't half as excruciatingly painful as having it inserted while awake.
Yeah my doc and I had a long talk about that, he had the band surgery himself and made sure they put his in and took it out while he was sedated. He assured me they'd do the same for me. No way am I letting that happen when I'm awake, I'd be willing to find a new surgeon and hospital if they won't comply with what I want.