Connect with us

Movies

Both ‘Human Centipede’ Surgeons Return For ‘Final Sequence’!

Published

on

Human Centipede

While most people crucified the filmmaker, I was a pretty huge fan of Tom Six’s The Human Centipede 2 (read the review), a film that had the balls to say “f*ck you” to every hater out there (even though I still think directors need to stop reading all of the negative comments and feeling the need to respond to the hate). I think the most exciting part of the sequel was the “out-of-the-box thinking”, where Six takes viewers outside of the initial film and then into what he deems the “real world.” This leads us to the Final Sequence

While Six has kept plot details under wraps, Bloody Disgusting has confirmed that both Dieter Laser (pictured above left) and Laurence R. Harvey will return in The Human Centipede Part 3 (Final Sequence), both in starring roles. Laser played the evil German surgeon “Dr. Heiter” in First Sequence, while Harvey played the creepy “Martin” – a man obsessed with Six’s first film – in the sequel Full Sequence.

The real head-scratcher that’s got my interest piqued is that writer-director Tom Six himself will play a supporting role in the film! I think we’re about to go super-meta!

Principal photography will begin this May in the States. The film will be released in 2013, presumably by IFC. It is also confirmed that Final Sequence will actually be the last film of the Human Centipede trilogy.

The American finale will be 100% politically incorrect.

The Human Centipede Part 2 (Full Sequence) is now available uncut on DVD. Pictured: Tom Six, left, and Laurence R. Harvey

Human Centipede Tom Six

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

Don Mancini in the “Early Stages” of Working On a New “Chucky” Movie!

Published

on

Chucky death

Everyone’s favorite killer doll is headed back to the small screen with “Chucky” Season 3: Part 2 on April 10, but are any further movies being planned at this time?

Created by Don Mancini, the “Chucky” television series remarkably plays around with existing elements from all previous films without disregarding ANYTHING from the past. From the original Child’s Play to sequels including Child’s Play 2, Bride of Chucky and even Seed of Chucky, it’s all one cohesive timeline that Mancini remains deeply committed to.

Of course, the most recent film in the Child’s Play franchise was the 2019 remake, to date the only movie in the saga that’s NOT part of Mancini’s vision. Is Mancini’s original incarnation going to spend his final days on TV, while another Chucky will be featured in the movies? It’s a question we’ve been asking ourselves for the last few years, and we may now have an answer.

Speaking with the Scream Dreams Podcast this week, Mancini revealed that he’s in the early stages of development on a potential new installment in the original Chucky film franchise!

new Chucky movie

CHUCKY — “Jennifer’s Body” Episode 303 — Pictured in this screengrab: Chucky — (Photo by: SYFY)

“Like anyone in this business, I want to do more things. At this point though if it’s only Chucky I’m totally cool with that,” Mancini explains. “I have other things I want to do. I’m working on a new pilot. I’m also, actually, in the early stages of working on a new Chucky movie.”

Mancini adds, “At this point, my goal is just to keep working.”

Outside of the aforementioned Child’s Play remake, there are to date seven installments in the franchise, with Cult of Chucky (2017) being the original franchise’s most recent film.

For now, Chucky remains a small screen icon. Don’t miss the premiere of Season 3: Part 2 on both USA and SYFY on April 10, with new episodes hitting Peacock the day after they air.

You can watch Don Mancini’s full chat with Scream Dreams below.

Continue Reading