Official WWE Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Watched the Kurt Angle special on the Network and it really makes you root for the guy seeing how bad a place he has come from. He was much closer to Vince than I thought as well. Will be nice if he can wrestle again but the dudes body is a wreck.
Se7en wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:48 pm
New Japan will be fine, technically not an indie. They can have Omega leave because they have 3 other aces who are there for life. He's there for 2018 at the very least.

I think this indie boom has to do with a certain type of fan having easier access to all these shows and promotions. Unsure about the UK scene but they seem to have an abundance of possible stars
It's more about wrestlers getting paid. For a long, long time there was no money on the indies so guys like Omega wouldn't have a choice but to go to WWE. It still won't compare to WWE but at least these days its a viable option for some.

WWE being the only game in town hurts the business but these days Cody and others are showing there is some life outside WWE. Would be nice if this could grow and support more guys.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm
Watched the Kurt Angle special on the Network and it really makes you root for the guy seeing how bad a place he has come from. He was much closer to Vince than I thought as well. Will be nice if he can wrestle again but the dudes body is a wreck.
Se7en wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:48 pm
New Japan will be fine, technically not an indie. They can have Omega leave because they have 3 other aces who are there for life. He's there for 2018 at the very least.

I think this indie boom has to do with a certain type of fan having easier access to all these shows and promotions. Unsure about the UK scene but they seem to have an abundance of possible stars
It's more about wrestlers getting paid. For a long, long time there was no money on the indies so guys like Omega wouldn't have a choice but to go to WWE. It still won't compare to WWE but at least these days its a viable option for some.

WWE being the only game in town hurts the business but these days Cody and others are showing there is some life outside WWE. Would be nice if this could grow and support more guys.
Oh yeah, I feel you. There's a real chance to make the indies a substitute and grow certain promotions. These smaller companies are usually way better at replacing stars than the WWE and with the current talent pool I think we're safe for a bit.

Just look at all the stars WWE has raided over the last three years

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Naito/Ibushi

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Ishii/Goto - 4.5
ZSJ/Tanahashi - 4
Bullet Club/Suzuki Gun - 3.75
Naito/Ibushi - 4.75

J Cup

Ishii/Riddle - 4.25
Kushida/Kyle O'Reilly - 4.25
Scurll/Tiger Mask - 3.5
Ospreay/Taguci - 3.75
Ospreay/Scurll/Liger/Kushida - 4.25

edit

Guess Raw musta been a real surprise eh

haha

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:50 am

There was no drama to the Jason Jordan reveal and the crowd were totally indifferent. Why were we supposed to care?

I like Jordan and I'm all about making new stars but you've gotta stop with this PG treating everyone like idiots shit.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 pm

:lol:

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:50 am
There was no drama to the Jason Jordan reveal and the crowd were totally indifferent. Why were we supposed to care?

I like Jordan and I'm all about making new stars but you've gotta stop with this PG treating everyone like idiots shit.
I'm honestly baffled

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Would have been more entertaining had Jordan and Gable been his illegitimate twin sons. :lol:

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 pm

It was good to see the Drifter finally smash his guitar, I wasn't sure if WWE would wuss out on headshots.

Theres gotta be a safe way to gimmick steel chairs to do headshots as well. Very awkwardly hitting your opponent across the back looks so fucking stupid.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 pm
It was good to see the Drifter finally smash his guitar, I wasn't sure if WWE would wuss out on headshots.
Watch it back, he was clearly aiming for the shoulder and fucked up. There's absolutely no way they would allow a shot to the head hard enough to draw color, let alone on a guy who's routinely getting his head bashed in. That was more dangerous than your average chair shot.

Can we stop putting Finn fucking Balor with all these fucking dangerous dimwits? Nobody's working harder, and nobody's getting their ass kicked as much. It's ridiculous for the nothing programs he's found himself in.
Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 pm
Theres gotta be a safe way to gimmick steel chairs to do headshots as well.
lol