Official WWE Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Been catching up by watching Hell in a Cell, also read that Neville walked out on monday.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Was apparently supposed to job to Enzo

Can you imagine being one of the best in the world at what you do only to be mismanaged for years and told that you're gonna job to a guy who straight up can't wrestle after you've carried your division for the better part of a year

Cuz I can't. Guy's got heat with everyone and is only around because he can talk. I'd have walked out as soon as I lost the title

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:58 am

I reckon it will be more than that, Cruiserweight division has sucked and at least Enzo can actually talk and get a reaction unlike all the others. That said Neville has been wasted and he's one of the few who can probably go and do a Cody Rhodes on the indies. Ziggler should do a Cody as well.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:15 am

Enzo and Neville were the only two in that division that I even cared about. Yes Enzo can't wrestle but he was the only one to get a reaction in that division, which is the name of the game at the end of the day. I think him and Neville going back and forth would have been fun. Other then that I don't care about the 205 at all at this point.

I am interested to see what Zayn can do with this turn to give him something to sink his teeth into other then the lovable loser. Him and KO could be solid.

Rumor is it's going to be Zayn and KO vs AJ and Shane at Survivor series.

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 am

TexasSnacks wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:15 am
Enzo and Neville were the only two in that division that I even cared about. Yes Enzo can't wrestle but he was the only one to get a reaction in that division, which is the name of the game at the end of the day. I think him and Neville going back and forth would have been fun. Other then that I don't care about the 205 at all at this point.
This. It's like all the vets say, actual in ring work is the least important aspect, it's about personality and putting bums in seats. Of course we love a good in ring worker but these days there are tonnes of FANTASTIC workers but they all have average size and no charisma so they don't draw shit while putting on 5 star matches.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Neville was tearing up other promotions before he got to WWE. He'll be fine.
Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 am
TexasSnacks wrote:
This. It's like all the vets say, actual in ring work is the least important aspect, it's about personality and putting bums in seats. Of course we love a good in ring worker but these days there are tonnes of FANTASTIC workers but they all have average size and no charisma so they don't draw shit while putting on 5 star matches.
why are u saying these things

it's true but like we should have higher standards. Rock and Austin were great wrestlers. This is wrestling. No reason we can't have the best of both worlds. Indie guys not drawing doesn't change their work, and besides, the indies are booming right now.

The reason most WWE turned indie guys fail is because they take it as a demotion, work like it, and nobody wants to book them. Cody's gotten a bit better in ring, but he took it as a chance to grow his character and learn before he eventually goes back. I love his promos and heel work.

edit

I'd love Ziggler on the indies, but I don't think it's something he's interested in.
Last edited by Se7en on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:54 pm

So I gotta throw out one critique to Omega. He's facing this Yoshi-hashi clown at an ROH show coming up (for his title) and in every promo leading to it he's just shit on Yoshi for real, saying he has shit matches and he'll finally get carried to a great one.

I love the whole "elite performer wanting to be the best" gimmick, but when you're just burying a guy who's already a joke when he's supposed to be a legit contender after a decent G1, it's kinda lame.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 pm

Se7en wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 pm
Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
TexasSnacks wrote:

it's true but like we should have higher standards. Rock and Austin were great wrestlers. This is wrestling. No reason we can't have the best of both worlds. Indie guys not drawing doesn't change their work, and besides, the indies are booming right now.

The reason most WWE turned indie guys fail is because they take it as a demotion, work like it, and nobody wants to book them. Cody's gotten a bit better in ring, but he took it as a chance to grow his character and learn before he eventually goes back. I love his promos and heel work.

edit

I'd love Ziggler on the indies, but I don't think it's something he's interested in.
Rock and Austin were great wrestlers but no one bought a ticket to see them wrestle till they became Stone Cold and The Most Electrifying Man. The big time promotions (WWF/E, WCW, NWA etc) have almost always been about characters more then in ring product and that's where they made their money. That doesn't mean there weren't some awesome workers but you know what I mean.

I would love to have both but it doesn't seem possible now days for whatever reason. I mostly blame Vince and the WWE brass for it but it doesn't seem like the majority of the talent care enough or they are scared to go out and do what it takes to get over.

You know how over someone like Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho etc. would be if they started today? It seems like it's either/or with today's guys. Good talker, great character, trash in the ring or great in the ring but boring as hell outside.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm

TexasSnacks wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 pm
Se7en wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 pm
Midnight-Kroovy wrote:

edit

Rock and Austin were great wrestlers but no one bought a ticket to see them wrestle till they became Stone Cold and The Most Electrifying Man. The big time promotions (WWF/E, WCW, NWA etc) have almost always been about characters more then in ring product and that's where they made their money. That doesn't mean there weren't some awesome workers but you know what I mean.

I would love to have both but it doesn't seem possible now days for whatever reason. I mostly blame Vince and the WWE brass for it but it doesn't seem like the majority of the talent care enough or they are scared to go out and do what it takes to get over.

You know how over someone like Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho etc. would be if they started today? It seems like it's either/or with today's guys. Good talker, great character, trash in the ring or great in the ring but boring as hell outside.
It's all about the booking, writing, and where certain guys are placed. Vince is stuck in the 80's. They tried to kill Bryan's momentum. Guys get over all the time now only to be forgotten about or trashed. Look what they did to Bayley. And yes, talent is absolutely scared to do anything and from what I understand, only a handful of guys talk to Vince directly. It's his playground and he's gonna do whatever he wants depending on the day, sometimes hour from what we've heard this week. People have these ideas about what does and doesn't get over.... only they don't consider that it's what gets over in Vince's fucked up promotion.

This is a WWE thing. People act like the indies and New Japan are ALL in ring work when the psychology is top notch and these guys are telling better stories in their matches, walking to the ring, in post match promos than almost everyone with 5-20 minutes of promo time.

edit

Obviously that complaint still stands on random shows and the smaller American indies. PWG doesn't count.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Se7en wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm
It's all about the booking, writing, and where certain guys are placed. Vince is stuck in the 80's.
Yea it's all on Vince at the end of the day and it won't change till he is gone. However, if you listen to some of the older guys who were over, they said they would fight tooth and nail with Vince if they believed in something. Guys now days don't do that it seems.