Official WWE Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by Se7en » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:31 pm
You're arguement doesn't make sense and is bizarre, you are the one watching WWE not me...

WWE is guilty for practically all the points I made, its been shit for ages yet no one has stepped up and offered a good alternative to recapture the millions of fans that have tuned out. GFW is still in the dumpster and looks like Lucha Underground is probably gonna die soon. I liked LU's attitude and they had some great matches but I could never get on board with their premise.

ROH and NJPW are fine for what they are but they don't quench my thirst, after a couple of shows or TV they usually lose my interest. I don't see them growing into proper competition unless they make a few plays and rolls of the dice.

I stated that the indies are the best they've been in 15 years and have potential. It's not booming though and needs to win back A LOT of people.

If you think "smart" wrestling is slow and boring then thats fine, I can accept your opinion. Just understand that people have different tastes and not everyone bows down to worship the stiff, 100 knees to face aerial wrestling or wrestlers.
I have no interest in continuing this discussion cuz you guys don't piss me off like Heretic does but I'm getting there. Here's the real kicker - people said the EXACT. SAME. THING. about styles of wrestling that have changed the business in every generation. Shawn and The Rockers got the same fucking shit. The cruiserweights got the same shit. The guys in Japan got the same shit.

1.) I'm not saying WWE style can't be good. I'm saying WWE style, for the most part, is and has been bad for a long time and the other wrestling I watch is UNDENIABLY better from a work standpoint. You can't argue that. It's a lie. That's what gets me pissed.

2.) Lets be honest - how much of ROH/New Japan not quenching your thirst has to do with the production values/spectacle/"important" feel of it all? That's the main thing that I was always hung up on. Like, I'm sure the wrestling's great, but does it matter? Spoiler - yes.

3.) Indies are booming - "Upcoming 6 weeks of "bingo hall" $ >> Last 4 months of "big league" $. Awesome to see the #prowrestling scene thriving around the 🌎." - Aries

ROH just had its most successful tour ever and like I've said, you don't have to go to WWE to make a living anymore. It's just how it is.

4.) LUCHA/INDIE/STRONG/WHATEVER STYLE CAN AND IS SMART. YOU'RE NOT AUTOMATICALLY SMART BECAUSE YOU WORK SLOW AND "SAFE". New Japan fine for what it is? Like, being an incredible wrestling show with booking that makes sense and great personalities? Uh, YEAH.

Enjoy whatever wrestling you want but we gotta stop this nonsense

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:31 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:38 pm
Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:31 pm
If you think "smart" wrestling is slow and boring then thats fine, I can accept your opinion. Just understand that people have different tastes and not everyone bows down to worship the stiff, 100 knees to face aerial wrestling or wrestlers.
This. I picked up the HBK DVD a few weeks back and watched this great match of The Rockers Vs. The Brain Busters. No stiff shots, no over the top spots, and it was damn exciting to watch the two teams work together and against each other. Everything they did in the ring made sense, and the match ended up being great. Why can't they do these matches now? Cause no one gives a shit about psychology, it's hit a bunch of trademark spots and wrap it up.
The Rockers... lmao. You think they didn't get all types of shit in the wrestling community back then for how they worked? You guys gotta understand that there were people like you guys saying the same things about your favorites that were fast paced, new, and exciting workers.

That in itself is apart of The Young Bucks characters, look at their attire. "We're The Rockers but with 2 HBK's."

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:34 pm

But hey, if you wanna watch a middle aged liberterian climb out the ring dressed as a demon during your main events, who am I to judge?

edit

Good time to mention the influence guys like Rollins/Ambrose/AJ/Owens have on the WWE formula. The seeds are already planted.

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Oh crap they’re going with Jinder and Lesnar at Survivor Series. :lol:

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Meanwhile, I get Ibushi/Tanhashi at Power Struggle :D

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 am

Se7en wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:28 pm
I have no interest in continuing this discussion cuz you guys don't piss me off like Heretic does but I'm getting there.
- Don't get pissed because people have different opinions to yours. I couldn't care less if people dislike the films, music or wrestling I like. I like you and have no problem with you because opinions are just opinions.

- Stop making up what wrestling I like, especially when YOU are the one watching WWE... "slow and safe wrestling"? LOL. Also Wrestling is art, no such thing as "undeniably better" thats basic stuff.

- I'm guessing you don't go to indie shows due to where you live? I've been to 3 this year, going to 2 more and I've been going all my life. It's the best its been in 15 years as I've repeatedly said but what's not sinking in to you is its not even comparable to when wrestling was actually booming back in the day. God help us if you think someone like Aries (who has always done well on the indies) getting booked after quitting WWE is proof we're back to a booming industry. Vast majority don't make shit and most WWE stars have no choice but to stay put, it wasn't always like that.... Rev Pro is doing good but the crowd I sit amongst is just the same old faces (hardcores trickled down from WWE), the industry has huge work to do in terms of actual growth. The indie scene has potential right now but I would call it recovering. All indie shows combined couldn't muster a decent TV rating right now.

- Flippy shit isn't new. I like progressive modern wrestling, Women's wrestling is the best its ever been. I like some of the new breed of MMA crossover guys and if anything think thats what can draw and where the future is. But MILLIONS have stopped watching wrestling, it hasn't been relevant in ages. When we get new posters come on this thread saying they've stopped watching wrestling cause they miss the old guys and don't like the new guys you throw a hissy fit. But yeah, they are in the wrong, them and the MILLIONS that have stopped watching.

- Stop pretending you have authority on NJPW. I was praising Omega 2 to 3 years ago on this very thread and there wasn't a peep from you. Japanese wrestling was on daily here back in 02 when we had a wrestling channel on TV. I like it and will watch it live but overall it doesn't quench my thirst as no.1 for lots of reasons and production has nothing to do with it (I prefer the indy smoky room feel). Deal with it.

- LOL at your Undertaker point. Wouldn't have to walk his crippled ass out if new guys could draw.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:43 am

Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 am
- Don't get pissed because people have different opinions to yours. I couldn't care less if people dislike the films, music or wrestling I like.

- Stop making up what wrestling I like, especially when YOU are the one watching WWE... "slow and safe wrestling"? LOL. Also Wrestling is art, no such thing as "undeniably better" thats basic stuff.

- I'm guessing you don't go to indie shows? I've been to 3 this year, going to 2 more and I've been going all my life. It's the best its been in 15 years as I've repeatedly said but what's not sinking in to you is its not even comparable to when wrestling was actually booming back in the day. God help us if you think someone like Aries (who has always done well on the indies) getting booked after quitting WWE is proof we're back to a booming industry. Vast majority don't make shit and most WWE stars have no choice but to stay put, it wasn't always like that.... Rev Pro is doing good but the crowd I sit amongst is just the same old faces (hardcores trickled down from WWE), the industry has huge work to do in terms of actual growth. The indie scene has potential right now but I would call it recovering. All indie shows combined couldn't muster a decent TV rating right now.

- Flippy shit isn't new. I like progressive modern wrestling, Women's wrestling is the best its ever been. I like some of the new breed of MMA crossover guys and if anything think thats what can draw and where the future is. But MILLIONS have stopped watching wrestling, it hasn't been relevant in ages. When we get new posters come on this thread saying they've stopped watching wrestling cause they miss the old guys and don't like the new guys you throw a hissy fit. But yeah, they are in the wrong, them and the MILLIONS that have stopped watching.

- Stop pretending you have authority on NJPW. I was praising Omega 2 to 3 years ago on this very thread and there wasn't a peep from you. Japanese wrestling was on daily here back in 02 when we had a wrestling channel on TV. I like it and will watch it live but overall it doesn't quench my thirst as no.1 for lots of reasons and production has nothing to do with it (I prefer the indy smoky room feel). Deal with it.

- LOL at your Undertaker point. Wouldn't have to walk his crippled ass out if new guys could draw.
- As a neutral observer to most of my discussions, you should know it's the reasoning behind the opinion and not the opinion itself.

- Sorry, this is like when people watch The Neon Demon and give it a half star review when some shitty comedy gets three stars. There's talent being showcased behind the camera that can't be denied, because it's right there in front of you. What's happening here is the same thing that happens with film, people use their biases as justification for their perceived problems with the work. It's all about your feels, not the skill being displayed in front of you.

- Already said a thousand times plenty of indie guys are making good livings.

- How can you like progressive wrestling when you're only watching a handful of shows periodically when you've admittedly said the storytelling/psychology is harder to pick up on? How can you watch Bayley/Sasha or any of those Takeover women's matches and not see how pathetic all those girls have become on the roster? THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO WRESTLE. THE WRESTLING DOESN'T MATTER ON THESE SHOWS. And yeah, flippy shit isn't new - like I've said, the same things being said about the best workers today were said about the best workers in every generation prior. Should have long since learned.

- Pretty sure I've been open about getting into Japan following Wrestle Kingdom? Ran through Omega's entire run in like a month soooooo not sure how that matters

- Aw, the "my childhood stars made more money!" argument. Cute.

edit

Wrestling's for losers. That's why it doesn't draw. It worked with the angst of the 90's, but they were still the same gross, edgy, childish soap opera for man children when that passed. No wonder.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 am

Everyone loooooooooves to ride AJ's dick now, but before he signed he was that generic wrestler from TNA who could only do flippy shit and not talk. Ok.

We're brainwashed by the WWE machine until they tell us someone is good. Then "they made it" or "figured it out". Right.

Mr. Awesome
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mr. Awesome » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am

You have to watch Kaiju Big Battel if you want real wrestling.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am

Mr. Awesome wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am
You have to watch Kaiju Big Battel if you want real wrestling.

:o Nothing else matters now.