Official WWE Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Outpost #31
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Official WWE Thread

Post by Outpost #31 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:15 am

Looks like RAW rebounded a bit in the ratings but it was still a piss poor number. Third hour was barely over 3 million viewers with a 3.005. I think the overall number was a 3.17 but not totally sure on that. Smackdown had horrid numbers last week as well. Will the tanking make Vince finally change up the product? Probably not for now. Hope they go under a 3.0 soon.

Dobbs
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by Dobbs » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:13 am

use to care so much i could really get through the 3 hours with ease i always found something funny or some good of the show now its a real challenge to watch a few segments without my attention going elsewhere. a lot of it is background noise. i have to give high praise to New Day though they are usually very funny but even they are slowly getting shoved down our throats. i'm on the fence with Reigns i like him i like his look and he is fairly good in the ring BUT i don't see him as DA MAN and he is being showed down our throats til we accept he will be DA MAN. doesn't bother me too much though i think the way its going if the next 4-5 PPVs are going to deliver the goods give us a lot to seriously talk about for months years to come especially the Rumble and Mania i honestly feel i am done after Mania. Give us some memorable moments next few months i might stick with the product but i highly doubt it right now

as for bryan he should just do all he can do get away from wwe wrestle elsewhere he would be much happier or just retire already its a point where there is no grey area i my opinion

aaronmb
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by aaronmb » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:50 am

Would be interesting to see the Wyatt family break up, as I think theyd be better with new looks. Lesnar vs Braun Strowman would be amazing.

Dobbs
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Dobbs » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:38 pm

yeah it would be good for all involved if they broke up. one thing though get rid of rowan ever since he came around i could never and never will take him seriously. strowman has what J.R. would say "unlimited potential" time will tell if he cares enough and pushes hard in the ring impress the boys in back time will tell. definitely like the idea of him versus Lesnar. As for Harper they could always give him a makeover like JBL down the road OR NOT regardless have him in the U.S./Intercontinental championship mix as often as possible he definitely deserves better and it. As for Bray if they were no family he talked less still be cryptic like but less talk more action, actually won more than lost, and pushed hard to be in the main event scene i could easily see him as a Mick Foley type dude for years to come. Shit booking and himself are the only things standing in his way

BloodStone
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by BloodStone » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Did NOT expect to see this here. I have been a pro wrestling fan my whole life and actually was a wrestler down in Atlanta for a little over a year back in 2007-2008.

With that said, I haven't watched Raw in a few weeks and I am done with it until probably around Royal Rumble. Literally nothing interests me anymore. They could have done something fresh and new at Survivor Series, but they just did the predictable like always. I would DVR Raw and start it late, just to fast forward through 90% of the show anyways. I am still a die-hard fan and always will be, so I am keeping up with reading about it. But I am not tuning in until around Royal Rumble, to see if anything interests me.

I think it is funny they put Rusev, Del Rio, Sheamus, and Barrett together to form a stable, when just like three months ago none of them were the least bit relevant. Now all of a sudden they are a dominant stable with the WWE Championship. All of this just to continue to try to get their golden boy Roman Reigns over...while still nobody wants to see him.

Heretic
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Heretic » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Yep, WWE is fucking terrible these days. They might finally be forced to do something about it though, as viewers are dropping off at a ridiculous pace. One million viewers lost from this same time last year. Putting the belt on Sheamus might have been the final straw.

It's not just the main event scene though. The entire product has a very bland and lazy feel to it, and has for a very long time. I think fans are finally just giving up any sort hope that it will improve. It's just indefensibly awful week after week.

BloodStone
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by BloodStone » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:08 pm

Yeah, it really has been this way for a long time. I always continued tuning in hoping for some sort of change. Since CM Punk left, I haven't been too interested. Then they completely shit on Kevin Owens in favor of Cena (surprise) and finally Rollins is injured and instead of delivering something better they go the predictable route as always.

Like you said, I finally think I lost hope that the WWE will change. I still have WWE Network and will watch older stuff, but count me out on future episodes of Raw and I can't even tell you the last time I tuned into a Smackdown. I will still read and follow it, and maybe something will come along to interest me down the road.

aaronmb
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by aaronmb » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:50 am

They REALLY should've waited a year with Sting. They shouldve skipped the Wyatt/Undertaker match at mania and have Taker's real return when they did the revenge thing on Lesnar. Have the final Lesnar/Taker match at SS, but instead of The Wyatt's, it wouldve been Sting.
But no, Vince decided to completely waste him with a Mania match no one wanted, turning that into a joke.

Outpost #31
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Outpost #31 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Rumor has it they are starting some new "creative directions" on tonight's RAW. I'll believe it when I see it. Vince is so hard headed and think ratings, youtube hits, and network numbers will have to drop more for him to get the message. Pisses me off that he won't listen to what the fans want but will continue to throw out bullshit like, "WWE always listens to their fans and gives them what they want."

Heretic, digging your new avatar!

Bloodstone, good to have you here and cool that you were a wrestler for a bit. I trained with Les Thatcher in Cincinnati around 1998 for three months. Had a bit of bad luck early on with injuries, knew my back wasn't going to be able to take the long term abuse, and hated the egos involved with my training class. Very glad I gave it a go though and got to throw Shark Boy around the ring a few times back in the day :lol:

Ant
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Ant » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:16 am

They really need to better utilize the veterans in the back to bring some fresh perspective into storylines. All these Hollywood/Soap Opera writers just don't get it. Hopefully Foleys son can make an impact and start a revolution in terms of who is hired