Official WWE Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
BloodStone
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by BloodStone » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:17 am

Heretic wrote:Yep. I've been saying it for years that Vince seems to have a childish vendetta against the fans. Last year's Royal Rumble is a prime example, and was purposefully insulting. Roman Winning wasn't really the problem either. It's how they treated all of the fan favorites leading up to Roman's win. Eliminating Daniel Bryan in such an anti-climactic fashion, followed by the ultimate slap in the face by having Bray, Ambrose, and Ziggler thrown out like pieces of garbage by two of the most tired and WAY past their prime wrestlers that all of the fans(not just the smarks) haven't given two shits about in over a decade. That doesn't happen by accident. Vince clearly wanted to stick it to the fans, for some reason.

I think that event was the tipping point to where we're at today. The final hole in the boat that couldn't be patched up. That boat has been leaking ever since. They've never really recovered from that.
One hundred percent agree! It is so baffling that he treats his loyal, die hard fans this way in favor of trying to please those casual fans that just tune in sometimes. It just doesn't make sense to me. It's like if the Patriots owner drafted a good looking QB, and because he wanted him to be the face of the Patriots decided to play him over Tom Brady even though he is green and way less talented. But...you know, I want this guy to succeed so the fans are wrong. It just doesn't make any sense.

The ship is sinking, and it seems like slowly the die hard fans are jumping off of it. Unfortunately, there really isn't another boat that is close by to pick us up. NXT is great, but knowing Vince he is going to start ruining that because it is succeeding where the main shows are failing. He wouldn't want that. TNA is a joke. ROH is barely on TV. I don't have El Ray to watch Lucha, but even that isn't that great. I love NJPW, but can only watch it on AXS and it is like a half year behind current storyline and sometimes cuts parts out of the match. I wish NJPW could get a better American deal. One that makes it almost live (obviously live would be at a crazy hour).

Or...I could just watch WWE. AND THAT is why Vince doesn't care.

Ant
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Ant » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:07 pm

From the comments made from HHH in the recent conference call, he seems to think Raw is too long (i agree) and that they agree something needs to change and it will.

Personally i'll be glad when HHH takes over full time. Dude knows his stuff.

Heretic
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Heretic » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Ant wrote:From the comments made from HHH in the recent conference call, he seems to think Raw is too long (i agree) and that they agree something needs to change and it will.

Nothing will change until Vince comes to realization that he's completely out of touch, and steps down. That will likely never happen. We're going to have to wait until he dies, or gets some old man disease, before anything changes. It might be too late by that point.

Formaldehide&Seek
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Formaldehide&Seek » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:40 am

Ant wrote:From the comments made from HHH in the recent conference call, he seems to think Raw is too long (i agree) and that they agree something needs to change and it will.

i wouldn't get behind HHH just yet, I still like the dude but back when he was on the roster and getting cozy with Vince he was given a few metres and took a mile with the shovel in hand.

Ant
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Ant » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:57 am

Is that HHH or creatives failure to create new stars though? I mean more than a few people have said HHH actually helps younger talent and Vince comes down more on him than anybody else.

Dobbs
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Dobbs » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:37 pm

so i guess the main event will end up in a clusterfuck with the league of nations helping Sheamus to retain? i can't see Reigns winning again til the Rumble at the earliest more likely at Mania though so Vinnie Mac can bask in the glory at his creation Cena 2.0. honestly can't wait til Rollins gets back though even though I am not his biggest fan he will be a killer face and should be a hell of a boost to the lacklustre product. Sure he won't fix things but in my opinion be a lot better than anything Reigns can do

Heretic
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Heretic » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:23 am

Yeah, I'm guessing Reigns will be on the verge of winning, and then get fucked over by the LON. Then Reigns' buddies will try to even the odds. Then someone else comes down. Then someone else, and someone else, and then I don't care. Reigns goes through a table. Sheamus wins. The end.

Nightmare
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Nightmare » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:15 am

So glad Reigns was finally able to OVERCOME THE ODDS!!!....of being personally handpicked by Vince McMahon to become the new poster child of the WWE ever since Vince first saw his dark Samoan skin and long flowing hair when Reigns first stepped foot in the WWE performance center. I'm not the type of fan that says this every week, but I'm done for now. I can't fucking stand Reigns and there's nothing interesting going on right now. Peace.

Heretic
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Heretic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:07 am

I'll give credit where credit is due. They managed to get Roman over with the Philly crowd tonight, and that is no small feat. It was actually a solid show overall, but the problem is that it took heel Vince to make it fun. He's not going to be there all the time to do that. There is also a big issue with Roman, in that he can't cut a promo to save his life, and now that he's Champ, he's going to be cutting a lot of them. They have done a good job in tweaking his character a bit over the past two days, but I don't think they'll be able to keep it up, because every time he opens his mouth, you immediately hate the guy. It might an impossible hurdle to overcome.

Good show tonight though. They need to start putting that kind of an effort into all their shows, and not just their "panic mode" shows.

Ant
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Ant » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:31 am

Good show i thought. They should make Heyman a mouthpiece for Reigns. He isn't THAT bad at talking, its just the promos he has been given have been beyond bad (seriously? Tater Tots?)

Have him become a Heyman guy.