The official NBA playoffs thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The official NBA playoffs thread

Post by Iggy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:20 am

Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Iggy wrote:Warriors bout to be a dynasty. Finally Lebron is all out of options.....that is, unless he wants to join Golden State.
Put him on SA, install an explosive chip into his dumb skull.
SA is old news. There's nowhere he can go that's going to give him the opportunity to compete with Golden State. The King is royally fucked. :lol:

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:21 am

Lebron isn't going anywhere. If anything players will come to him to get away from the West.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 am

TexasSnacks wrote:Lebron isn't going anywhere. If anything players will come to him to get away from the West.
It is a pretty sad state the NBA has gotten into. Unless you're a fan of one of the select super teams, there's really no reason to even watch basketball.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:10 am

Iggy wrote:
TexasSnacks wrote:Lebron isn't going anywhere. If anything players will come to him to get away from the West.
It is a pretty sad state the NBA has gotten into. Unless you're a fan of one of the select super teams, there's really no reason to even watch basketball.
I have never really been a huge fan of any particular team in the NBA or MLB. I have been more a player fan when it comes to those leagues. I was Bird, Mchale fan, among others until Jordan cam along and I was just a Jordan fan. Didn't care about the Bulls before or after Jordan. I could have a list a mile long of players I have liked in the NBA and not all were on good teams either. Back in the 90s it seemed like there was 2 or 3 superstars on each team. Now days you would be lucky to find one on most teams.

It's the only sport that I don't mind bandwagon fans. :lol: I mean don't act like you have been a Warriors fans for years now that they are winning. Have some integrity :lol: I have been a KD fan since college since Texas is my school.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:18 am

TexasSnacks wrote:
Iggy wrote:
I have never really been a huge fan of any particular team in the NBA or MLB. I have been more a player fan when it comes to those leagues. I was Bird, Mchale fan, among others until Jordan cam along and I was just a Jordan fan. Didn't care about the Bulls before or after Jordan. I could have a list a mile long of players I have liked in the NBA and not all were on good teams either. Back in the 90s it seemed like there was 2 or 3 superstars on each team. Now days you would be lucky to find one on most teams.

It's the only sport that I don't mind bandwagon fans. :lol: I mean don't act like you have been a Warriors fans for years now that they are winning. Have some integrity :lol: I have been a KD fan since college since Texas is my school.
Warriors fans are pretty pathetic. I don't remember there being this many of em before, and they certainly weren't very vocal about it. kinda reminds me of Seattle Seahawk fans.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:32 am

Iggy wrote:
TexasSnacks wrote:
Iggy wrote: It is a pretty sad state the NBA has gotten into. Unless you're a fan of one of the select super teams, there's really no reason to even watch basketball.

Warriors fans are pretty pathetic. I don't remember there being this many of em before, and they certainly weren't very vocal about it. kinda reminds me of Seattle Seahawk fans.
Oh yea, with the world we live in now (especially with social media) that's just the way it is once someone wins. It was amazing how many Cowboy fans came from nowhere last season.

I'm not a Warriors fan but I enjoy their team especially Curry, Klay, KD and Draymond. Draymond reminds me of those old 80's and 90's power forward who gave the team life and did all the dirty work. I just can't stand Lebron and have no respect for the Cleveland fan base after hating Lebron so much just to accept him back like nothing.

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 am

Draymond is some unique blend of Pippen and Rodman. Hopefully Klay breaks out of whatever block of ice has frozen his shot and goes for 77 in one of these games. NBA is definitely a sport where you can become heavily invested in the Finals based on either love or hate of a certain superstar or a team with a certain style of play. Only team I'd consider myself a long-term diehard fan of was the Mavs going back to Dirk/Nash/Finley. I also like it when the Celtics are doing well (in the same way old school NFL fans like it when the Raiders are doing well whether that's their team or not) especially when they were matched up against the Lakers in the Finals over the last decade and/or cutting off LeBron. The interesting thing with Jordan is I rooted for him to get the first four, but by the time the Bulls faced the Jazz, I was ready for some other motherfuckers like Stockton & Malone to win the trophy finally.

Hoodlum Yeonsan
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Hoodlum Yeonsan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:14 am

Iggy wrote:
Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Iggy wrote:Warriors bout to be a dynasty. Finally Lebron is all out of options.....that is, unless he wants to join Golden State.
Put him on SA, install an explosive chip into his dumb skull.
SA is old news. There's nowhere he can go that's going to give him the opportunity to compete with Golden State. The King is royally fucked. :lol:
Never bet against the Spurs.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 am

Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote: Put him on SA, install an explosive chip into his dumb skull.
They're not the same team anymore man.

Hoodlum Yeonsan
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Hoodlum Yeonsan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Iggy wrote:
Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Iggy wrote: SA is old news. There's nowhere he can go that's going to give him the opportunity to compete with Golden State. The King is royally fucked. :lol:
They're not the same team anymore man.
Pop and RC are still there.