The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

Post by Freddy_Lives » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm sure you dallas fans ^^^ are happy Ware and Phillips got rings.

Wade has always been a valuable asset always thought he was a decent defensive mind, I still think he's a better coach than Jason Garret.

Cam Newton has had receivers in the past but he can't muster up 60% completed passes the majority of the time, sure some of that falls on the receivers but the majority of it falls on him.

Just look at this season game by game and it's staggering on how much Cam misses his targets regularly.

The panthers as a receiving core only dropped 23 passes out of 296 completions.

He's not really a MVP in my book, this past year it was easily Russell Wilson he threw for 4000 rushed for 500 and completed 68% of his passes that's the true dual threat in my book.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:I'm sure you dallas fans ^^^ are happy Ware and Phillips got rings.
very :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:23 am

Hey, Fred, MVP awards don't mean shit. By definition, they're regular season awards; nothing more, nothing less. Account for 45 total TD's as the starting QB for 15-1 team you got yourself a bygod MVP award, my friend. You want to bitch about Cam's regular season award he earned because he revealed himself to be a fraud in the Super Bowl; why don't you spearhead a movement to take away any fancy pants acting awards Rock Hudson won where he played a poonhound? To bring up Thurman Thomas again, if you ask a yucko yokel on the street about him do they give a fuck about his MVP award? No, they'll go right to him losing his helmet before Super Bowl XXVI and a bushel full of fumbles in the Big Game.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:52 am

RayPuresoul wrote:Hey, Fred, MVP awards don't mean shit. By definition, they're regular season awards; nothing more, nothing less.
Which is why I've had the unpopular opinion for almost his entire career that Peyton Manning is one of the most overrated players in the history of the sport. He might be the best regular season player ever but more often than not he's been a dog in the playoffs. Shit, not only did he not throw a touchdown pass last week motherfucker couldn't even muster a first down to run down clock in the 4th quarter. Of course he should've retired after the Broncos got their asses handed to them by the Seahawks but still.

And it seems that not only has his play been overrated his character has been grossly overrated as well: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... ailyNewsTw

I suggest you all read that. It's an extremely powerful and damning piece.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:31 am

^i remember reading about all of this when it first came to light. additionally, an ex of mine who was waiting tables in new orleans has a peyton manning story that seals deal for me, and confirms what a plastic, two-faced liar and sociopath manning is. it really speaks to the double standard bullshit that governs our society that this stuff gets buried and disregarded, and captain forehead is still regarded as a golden boy. i had forgotten how complicit archie "the greatest qb who played for shitty teams and everyone feels sorry for" manning was.

and i agree, hag: as if being despicable person isn't enough (plenty of all-time great players are despicable people), he's also kind of a suck-ass football player when it really counts. a statistical machine, he wilts under the brightest lights routinely. 4 superbowls, utter atrocious play in 3 of them, and pretty mediocre in the one where he got his lifetime achievement ward superbowl mvp. he's obviously good enough to pass for a million yards and a shitload of td's, but he aint clutch. he aint tom brady. or roger staubach. or joe montana. or johhny unitas. or even terry bradshaw. shit, i'd take jim plunkett over peyton manning.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:00 pm

I heard about them bringing that story back up, Shuan King is a laughable reporter though he's a race baiting faggot of a journalist.

But yeah other outlets are talking about what happened it's quite weird if you ask me, from what I understood he stuck his ass in this chicks face pretty much made her nose go into his asshole. Essentially the good old Tea-Bag.

That's not sexual assault to me is it wrong well sure but Peyton isn't my favorite QB of all time and I don't even really care for the guy or the Manning Family for that matter but they seem like decent people.

Nobody is squeaky clean.

You guys can say Manning fucked up a lot of big games which is absolutely true but for a guy right behind Tom Brady in Passer Rating I'm not one to say he's dog shit in the playoffs.

For some reason you people think Joe Montana was gods gift to mankind but look at those defenses he had in Superbowl Seasons

2nd in 81, 1st in 84, 8th in 88, 3rd in 89.

He shit the bed in a lot of Playoff games.

Mannings track record
Colts Defense in 06 26th Worst Defense to ever win a Superbowl
Colts Defense in 09 8th
Broncos Defense in 13 22nd
Broncos Defense 4th this past season

He shit the bed in a lot of Playoff games.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:21 pm

montana shit the bed in the playoffs a lot less frequently than manning. like three times. twice against the giants, in 85 and 86 and once against the vikings in 87. he was demolished in a close game that was very much up for grabs against the giants in 90. otherwise, i think his playoff record is pretty implacable and he never had a bad superbowl. in fact, all of his superbowls were otherworldly. yep, he had a better defense and probably better offensive players than manning. he wasn't nearly the athlete and didn't have manning's size and pedigree, either. you can't possibly be trying to argue that manning is better than--or even equal to--joe montana, can you? i mean, i hate joe montana, but he was one of the three greatest quarterbacks of all-time, and probably one of two. joe had it. peyton doesn't.

and he's an entitled, misogynist asshole to boot.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Am I comparing their superbowl performances??? No obviously Joe out played Peyton in the Superbowl even though he had better defenses.

Joe's mediocre to shit games in the playoffs
81 against dallas
83 against detroit
84 against giants
84 against bears
85 against giants
86 against giants
87 against vikings
93 against bills

Bears and Giants who had good defenses made him look horrible, so this understanding that Joe was perfect is nonsense.

Terry Bradshaw? Tom Brady? John Elway?

They all shit the bed many times in the playoffs.

Peyton is one of the greatest to play there's no denying it.

As a JAGUARS fan I fucking hated seeing the Colts win.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:Am I comparing their superbowl performances??? No obviously Joe out played Peyton in the Superbowl even though he had better defenses.

Joe's mediocre to shit games in the playoffs
81 against dallas
83 against detroit
84 against giants
84 against bears
85 against giants
86 against giants
87 against vikings
93 against bills

Bears and Giants who had good defenses made him look horrible, so this understanding that Joe was perfect is nonsense.

Terry Bradshaw? Tom Brady? John Elway?

They all shit the bed many times in the playoffs.

Peyton is one of the greatest to play there's no denying it.

As a JAGUARS fan I fucking hated seeing the Colts win.
you're seriously siting a game--81--against dallas--that montana won with a late game drive and one of history's most iconic passes? you describe that as mediocre? 93 against the bills, he was ancient and had just come off of an incredible game against houston, plus the bills were just much better. of the games in the middle, they won 83, 84, and 84. and i guess that means he was statistically solid in at least 15 other playoff games, likely more, meaning his w-l record and statistics in the playoffs are appreciably better than manning's. i'm not saying that peyton's the only hall-of-fame qb who's ever had a bad playoff game. i'm saying he's a shitty playoff quarterback, statistically and in terms of won-loss record. that's what i'm saying. so was warren moon. and dan fouts. plenty of great qb's saved their worst for last, or had the unfortunate luck of not having the most awesome team or coach or existing at the same time other historic teams and players did. that's life. if i were choosing a clutch qb for one game, peyton isn't in my top 25. if i were picking a regular season fantasy player, peyton's at the top of the list. i don't think much of his game, and i think he's a dickhead. he's like my your cam newton ;)

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:13 pm

He threw 3 picks in that 81 game against dallas of course that's mediocre as fuck........ come on.

Peyton has a winning % in the playoffs granted it's only 1 game.

Joe had a 16-7 playoff record.
Manning 14-13 playoff record.

You look at the QB's of the last 20 years and it's Tom Brady and Peyton Manning that's it as far as consistently in the Playoffs.

Would I choose Peyton for the big game?? No but I could choose worse.