The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:20 pm

and you can question his Character all you want Nancy, but I find it funny that you defend a piece of trash like Scam Newton but Manning is a dickhead for teabagging a girl?

So teabagging = dickhead

Stealing a laptop = misunderstood

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:But yeah other outlets are talking about what happened it's quite weird if you ask me, from what I understood he stuck his ass in this chicks face pretty much made her nose go into his asshole. Essentially the good old Tea-Bag.

That's not sexual assault to me is it wrong well sure but Peyton isn't my favorite QB of all time and I don't even really care for the guy or the Manning Family for that matter but they seem like decent people.
Yeah; did you even read the article? Because if that's where it ended it'd be bad enough but there's also Peyton & Archie subsequently sabotaging the victim's career with his version of "OJ's If I Did It" book. Both parties (manning & the victim) committed to a confidentiality agreement that was broken in the book "The Mannings". There's also the little fact about one of his teammates losing student-athlete eligibility for not lying and going along with Manning's story.

Read the article (which includes actual court documents) & come back to us.
Nobody is squeaky clean.
No shit. But how many people use said image to create a brand & become a spokesperson for billion dollar corporations?
I'm not one to say he's dog shit in the playoffs.
Yeah well he has been :lol:

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Sea Hag wrote: Yeah; did you even read the article? Because if that's where it ended it'd be bad enough but there's also Peyton & Archie subsequently sabotaging the victim's career with his version of "OJ's If I Did It" book. Both parties (manning & the victim) committed to a confidentiality agreement that was broken in the book "The Mannings". There's also the little fact about one of his teammates losing student-athlete eligibility for not lying and going along with Manning's story.

Read the article (which includes actual court documents) & come back to us.
Nobody is squeaky clean.
No shit. But how many people use said image to create a brand & become a spokesperson for billion dollar corporations?
I'm not one to say he's dog shit in the playoffs.
Yeah well he has been :lol:
I read it, but I don't get where Peyton is saying he's always been squeaky clean? That shit came out in 2003 and for some reason it was citing that since Twitter wasn't out yet that nobody could defecate on him then :roll: as far as the Internet Masses go!!!

For an incident in 1996 and said "cover up" I could care less for t-bagging sure it makes me think less of him and his family but I never liked Archie or Eli anyway or him for that matter.

Ray Lewis who was tried for MURDER who reached a SETTLEMENT with the family of the person that was MURDERED signed with Billion Dollar Corporations also.

What's your point there? Last Time I checked I always heard Ray saying Praise God and Praying before games :lol: and I fucking hated him.

Playoff record well I made my case you clearly see it the other way, I'm not gonna shit on him as a player though he's deserving of praise.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:Peyton has a winning % in the playoffs granted it's only 1 game.

Joe had a 16-7 playoff record.
Manning 14-13 playoff record.
You're doing the work for us. That's a glaringly better playoff record than Manning's :lol: And unlike Manning Montana's teams never won a super bowl in spite of his play like the two times Manning's teams won. (combined in both games he threw one td, lost 2 fumbles & threw 2 picks) And Montana never threw his offensive line under the bus to the media like Manning did after the Steelers put it on him in the 2005 divisional round.
You look at the QB's of the last 20 years and it's Tom Brady and Peyton Manning that's it as far as consistently in the Playoffs.
Off the top of my head I'd take Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning & Russell Wilson over him.
Would I choose Peyton for the big game?? No but I could choose worse.
I guess there's always the likes of Trent Dilfer :lol: And fuck Cam Newton too!

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Sea Hag wrote:
Freddy_Lives wrote:Peyton has a winning % in the playoffs granted it's only 1 game.

Joe had a 16-7 playoff record.
Manning 14-13 playoff record.
You're doing the work for us. That's a glaringly better playoff record than Manning's :lol: And unlike Manning Montana's teams never won a super bowl in spite of his play like the two times Manning's teams won. (combined in both games he threw one td, lost 2 fumbles & threw 2 picks) And Montana never threw his offensive line under the bus to the media like Manning did after the Steelers put it on him in the 2005 divisional round.
You look at the QB's of the last 20 years and it's Tom Brady and Peyton Manning that's it as far as consistently in the Playoffs.
Off the top of my head I'd take Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning & Russell Wilson over him.
Would I choose Peyton for the big game?? No but I could choose worse.
I guess there's always the likes of Trent Dilfer :lol: And fuck Cam Newton too!
I'm talking Generational QB's here, Rodgers has a few more years same with the other guys you mentioned before they can be discussed.

If Rodgers can get another ring and some more playoff victories he's right up there with the best I've ever seen.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:I read it, but I don't get where Peyton is saying he's always been squeaky clean?
You don't get that being the persona he projects and uses to accrue millions upon millions of dollars? You really that daft? You got stock in Papa Johns?
That shit came out in 2003 and for some reason it was citing that since Twitter wasn't out yet that nobody could defecate on him then :roll: as far as the Internet Masses go!!!
Well it's out now to the point that it's on the homepage of MSN. If court documents aren't enough evidence for you (among other things) then I don't know what to tell you.
For an incident in 1996 and said "cover up" I could care less for t-bagging sure it makes me think less of him and his family but I never liked Archie or Eli anyway or him for that matter.

Ray Lewis who was tried for MURDER who reached a SETTLEMENT with the family of the person that was MURDERED signed with Billion Dollar Corporations also.

What's your point there? Last Time I checked I always heard Ray saying Praise God and Praying before games :lol: and I fucking hated him.
Yeah, no difference between the facade that Ray Lewis projects and the as white american as apple pie one that Manning does.
Playoff record well I made my case you clearly see it the other way,

I see the playoff records as well as the stats. See'em as plain as day.
I'm not gonna shit on him as a player though he's deserving of praise.
As a regular season player yeah but he is most deserving of harsh criticism for his shortcomings in the playoffs.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:14 pm

And fuck Ray Lewis too :lol: Fuck all these guys really. The only player I'm all in on being a 100% standup guy is Troy Polamalu.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Sea Hag wrote: You don't get that being the persona he projects and uses to accrue millions upon millions of dollars? You really that daft? You got stock in Papa Johns?

Well it's out now to the point that it's on the homepage of MSN. If court documents aren't enough evidence for you (among other things) then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, no difference between the facade that Ray Lewis projects and the as white american as apple pie one that Manning does.
Playoff record well I made my case you clearly see it the other way,

I see the playoff records as well as the stats. See'em as plain as day.
I'm not gonna shit on him as a player though he's deserving of praise.
As a regular season player yeah but he is most deserving of harsh criticism for his shortcomings in the playoffs.
He's deserving of his criticisms sure not going to debate that at all, but for his "shortcomings" he's got 2 rings even if he didn't play superb. Numbers never lie and he has really good numbers in a lot of playoff games as he does bad games.

Is he a monster money making machine? Sure he portrays the Humble & Grateful piece of Americana and if something from 20 years ago taints that a bit well I could care less, there's been many a spokesperson for multi-national billion dollar chains that have a worse track record then he does.

You guys clearly don't like him and well he's pretty much done anyway. But yeah he's going to the HOF no questions asked.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:He's deserving of his criticisms sure not going to debate that at all, but for his "shortcomings" he's got 2 rings even if he didn't play superb.
He played terribly. And we haven't even brought up his numbers from the other 2 super bowls his teams lost.
Numbers never lie and he has really good numbers in a lot of playoff games as he does bad games.
They don't.. He has a few monster games in the wild card and divisional rounds against some subpar Broncos teams led by Jake Plummer (of which were out of the elements & in indy's home dome) that help pad his stats but overall he's a pedestrian to bad postseason player.
Is he a monster money making machine? Sure he portrays the Humble & Grateful piece of Americana and if something from 20 years ago taints that a bit well I could care less, there's been many a spokesperson for multi-national billion dollar chains that have a worse track record then he does.
I guess there's always OJ :lol: And his book and subsequent trashing of the victim happened years after the incident.

You guys clearly don't like him and well he's pretty much done anyway.
For good reason. And his playing career should be done but he'll still be in the spotlight in some capacity as an analyst or possibly an owner of a team. So as football fans we'll still have to deal with that eggheaded motherfucker.
But yeah he's going to the HOF no questions asked.
Speaking of which the HOF has become a bit of a joke. Tony Dungy is not hall of fame worthy. Unlike Terrell Owens (who i can't stand but should've got in) he's universally liked among writers & football people which undoubtedly helped him get in. And I love Kevin Greene. He's one of my all-time favorite players and one of the reasons I became a Steelers fan in the first place. He's not a hall famer. And Alan Faneca was the preeminent left guard of his generation whose pulling block is what sprung the longest running play in super bowl history should have been a first ballot member.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:03 pm

as far as cam goes--and yes, this is subjective, i know--i don't really care about financial impropriety. his offenses, that i'm aware of, don't include violence against women or sexual misconduct. he took some money. that doesn't bother me. peyton has demonstrated enough icky behavior towards women and at the same time is universally considered mr. stand-up study hard class act. i don't think he is. but either way, we don't need to judge him against other players (and before you go there, i want no part of greg hardy and, at least on the old bd, there's plenty of text to prove it); peyton's a dick all by himself.

and freddy, 16-7 in the playoffs vs. 14-13 in the playoffs, is a huge difference in efficacy. the other element is how many first round exits have there been? peyton leaves the first round a lot.

but this is a simple eye test. i've seen most of joe's playoff games and most of peyton's. it doesn't take much to see who was better, who was more clutch, who fucked up more rarely.

is peyton a great passer? totally (although, just in terms of visual beauty, no one threw as pretty a ball as montana, especially not mr. weeble-wobble). is he a great qb? yes. are the playoffs his area of greatest legacy? no. was he a lucky motherfucker at the end, who had a great defense and a team that owon pretty much in spite of him? oh absolutely. first ballot hall-of-famer, emmy-winning, two-faced dickhead. that's all i'm trying to say.