The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Re: The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:06 pm

If you don't mind me asking what happened with your waitress friend Nancy?

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Alright just to keep discussion going on the unfathomable stats of Peyton Mannings playoff record let me engage it a little more.

In His Good-Great Games.

03 Broncos had the 9th best defense he torched them.
He torched KC that year too but they had a shit defense

04 Broncos had the 9th best defense he torched them again.

05 Steelers had the 3rd best defense he had a solid game.

07 Chargers had the 5th best defense he had a solid game nothing pretty but nothing damning either the next year was a weaker defense and he didn't play bad nor really great either.

09 Ravens 3rd defense he played Ok to Pretty Good
09 Jets 1st defense he torched them
09 Superbowl he played Ok I wouldn't say he played badly.

10 Jets 6th defense he played well against them again.

12 Ravens 12th defense he played Ok I wouldn't say bad.

13 Chargers 11th defense he played well.
13 Patriots 10th defense he torched them.

I would say he played a pretty good game against New England this year too they had the 10th ranked defense.

Now the Bad.

Give him the Learning Curve? His first few playoff games are suppose to be shit?

99 He had a poor defense
2000 had a middle of the road defense

In 02 he Shit the bed no doubt about it.

in 03 he shit the bed against the Patriots no doubt about it.

04 he had a mediocre defense he gave up a costly interception against the Patriots but other than that pick he played ok Pats they were 2nd in defense.

06 He didn't play well in really any of the games he got over the hump of the patriots and played MEH against the Bears in the Superbowl, Bears had a damn fine defense that year.

From then he didn't play piss poor until the superbowl against Seattle.

9 STRAIGHT well played games in the Playoffs.

Now shall we look at Mister (He never played a bad game Montana)

81 against Dallas he played like shit against a nicely ranked 7th Defense. He played well against the Giants that year they were 8th.

He won the superbowl that year against the 12th ranked best defense that's pretty good.

83 he played SHIT against the 2nd ranked Defense in The Lions

84 he played pretty shittly against the Giants who had the 8th ranked defense
84 he played pretty shittly against the Bears who had the 3rd ranked defense.

He beat the Dolphins 7th ranked Defense that year but they were known as an Offensive Team number 1, Dan Marino played pretty badly.

85 he shit the bed against the Giants who had the 5th best defense.

86 he shit the bed against the Giants who had the 2nd best defense. Notice a pattern when it comes to top 5 defenses or REALLY GOOD he shits the bed????

87 he shit the bed against a Mediocre Defense in the Vikings

From then on he had a pretty nice run he didn't play poorly 9 or 10 games.

You know until the twilight of his career.

Big Difference????????????????? Well Montana Played well when it mattered THE SUPERBOWL.

81 Bengals 12 Ranked Defense
84 Dolphins 7th Ranked Defense
88 Bengals 16th Ranked Defense

The only defense he scorched in the superbowl was the Broncos in 89 they had the number 1 defense in the league.

So give and take he played POORLY in a lot of Playoff games against GOOD defenses.

So did Manning.

As far as I'm concerned Manning is no Scrub in the playoffs does he have 4 superbowl rings well no, is he better than Montana in that regard absolutely not.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote: In His Good-Great Games.

Dude he was terrible in that game :lol: Overthrowing his receivers all over the place, got happy feet real early and was feeling pressure when there wasn't any. And there was the infamous Troy Polamalu interception that was called back by the refs in one of the worst calls you'll ever see. And on top of that it was in Indy. Trust me; I've watched it in its entirety probably 10 times or more.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Sea Hag wrote:
Freddy_Lives wrote: In His Good-Great Games.

Dude he was terrible in that game :lol: Overthrowing his receivers all over the place, got happy feet real early and was feeling pressure when there wasn't any. And on top of that it was in Indy. Trust me; I've watched it in its entirety probably 10 times or more.
He almost threw for 300 yds the completion was a bit down but nothing drastic. He didn't do anything to cost his team the game?

Considering they missed the field goal to try and tie the game which was a 46 yarder........ why do you think they got rid of the most accurate kicker ever at the time???? He was shit in big games. Not Peyton's doing in that game.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:He almost threw for 300 yds the completion was a bit down but nothing drastic. He didn't do anything to cost his team the game?
Did you read my post or what?He was wildy inaccurate in that game, felt pressure when there wasn't any & he most certainly did throw a pick which for all intents and purposes should've iced the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8-MpXgjsw
Considering they missed the field goal to try and tie the game which was a 46 yarder........ why do you think they got rid of the most accurate kicker ever at the time???? He was shit in big games. Not Peyton's doing in that game.
If Bettis didn't inexplicably fumble on the 1 yard line the game doesn't get far enough for them to kick a field goal. Manning played shitty in that game, absolute fact.

And let's just forget for a second about what happened in between the lines and focus on his integrity and how great of a teammate he is.

(right after the steelers/colts game in question)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1piy8Zxddw

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:07 pm

freddy, i love stats, and i appreciate your near-academic levels of statistic-based reasoning. i don't want to discourage your efforts to frame an argument with them. but you can show me numbers and reasons all you want. joe montana throws 3 pics in the championship game...and calmly doesn't throw one when he absolutely can't: down by 6, late in the fourth quarter, ball in his hands, on the way to the superbowl. throwing three picks if you win the game doesn't necessarily mean mediocre. montana was clutch. biggest regular season come back is his. money in the fourth quarter. superbowl perfection. now, peyton was utterly mediocre against carolina. i think the best you can say about him is that he only turned the ball over once, completed a few passes in the first drive that helped get them to that important first field goal, and was on the money with that two-point conversion. that was a big play; he was clutch in that moment.

and hag, while he was home on break from tennessee, peyton walked into a high class restaurant my friend was working in. she was the greeter and extended her hand to welcome him and tell him there weren't any tables ready, and he took her hand, licked it, and asked her what he had to do to get a table. gross. not necessarily an arrestable offense, but still the kind of icky, entitled bs from a prick who thinks he runs things.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Sea Hag wrote:
Freddy_Lives wrote: Did you read my post or what?He was wildy inaccurate in that game, felt pressure when there wasn't any & he most certainly did throw a pick which for all intents and purposes should've iced the game.

If Bettis didn't inexplicably fumble on the 1 yard line the game doesn't get far enough for them to kick a field goal. Manning played shitty in that game, absolute fact.

And let's just forget for a second about what happened in between the lines and focus on his integrity and how great of a teammate he is.

(right after the steelers/colts game in question)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1piy8Zxddw
So you're telling me that an interception that was overturned is still an interception? Well if's and butt's and coconut's that don't mean shit it wasn't an interception whether we want to believe it was.

Just like Nancy's Dallas team that Dez Bryant play was a "catch" well if's and butt's and coconuts.

Blown calls happen both ways.

22 of 38 for 290 and a touchdown doesn't signal a bad game to me.

You know what signals a bad game to me? 23 of 47 with 4 interceptions in 03 against the Patriots.

But if you're grasping straw's 9 of the 23 Montana playoff games he completed 59% or less of his passes you know that means he was wildly missing his targets probably most of the time.

aaaaaand

Peytons 12 of 27 under 59% granted 4 of those came in his last 4 games.

Some falls on the receivers but Peyton didn't play bad in 05 against the steelers he out played Ben that's absolute fact.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:49 pm

i never complained one second about the dez play. i mean, i think it was a catch, of course, but it definitely would have been a catch if he had held the ball and went to the ground at the 4 yard line or whatever it was. i don't whine about bad calls ever.

i applaud your efforts to equalize peyton manning and joe montana, freddy; it's hard to do, but you won't quit.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:17 pm

^^^^ Equalize no way jose.

Am I trying to say Peyton wasn't a Scrub Lord in the Playoffs as some of you are making him out to be???? Yes.

Don't get me started on Tom Brady's track record either :lol: even your precious Aikman wasn't Godly in the playoffs he shit the bed numerous times without even looking up that Cardinals game was his worst or damn near it.

All the "greats" have had piss poor games in the playoffs and all the big ones have had MULTIPLE games.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:So you're telling me that an interception that was overturned is still an interception? Well if's and butt's and coconut's that don't mean shit it wasn't an interception whether we want to believe it was.
:lol:

Wow.
Just like Nancy's Dallas team that Dez Bryant play was a "catch" well if's and butt's and coconuts.
Not just like. The call on the Polamalu play is way more egregious than the Bryant "catch" call. And for the record; the NFL subsequently went on record stating that was indeed an interception. Look it up, this is fact. F.A.C.T.
Blown calls happen both ways.
Not in that game. Besides the obvious int by Polamalu the Colts weren't flagged for pass interference when in the open field Randle El was pulled to the ground well before the ball got to him. But to drive the point home even more, at a crucial point in the game the Steelers had a 3rd & 1. The Colts defense jumped the line of scrimmage signaling false start by the offense. The zebras huddled together and surmised that the Steelers didn't commit a false start penalty. But instead of calling the Colts defense offsides after establishing the steelers didn't commit a penalty they decided to replay the down :lol:

And you act like I'm complaining about a Steelers loss. For anyone who doesn't know the Steelers won the game :D
22 of 38 for 290 and a touchdown doesn't signal a bad game to me.
Something tells me Peyton Manning dropping a deuce on your mother's forehead would be a simple misunderstanding in your eyes :lol:
Some falls on the receivers but Peyton didn't play bad in 05 against the steelers he out played Ben that's absolute fact.
He actually didn't :lol: What doesn't come up in your stats is the fact that right before the half Ben was gang tackled for a sack which resulted in an injury to his elbow in his throwing arm. With his injury & their sizable lead Cowher elected to do nothing but run in the 2nd half. In fact the Steelers only attempted 4 passes in the 2nd half. And that was Manning's 8th year in the league to Roehtlisberger's 2nd.

And another thing that doesn't come up in your stats so much; the Colts only ran the ball 14 times that game. The run was there for them in the 2nd half but Manning kept electing to throw the ball to no avail. He's the play caller & that's on him. And the douche has the nerve to throw his line under the bus after the game. And you're here defending him :lol: