The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

Post by Freddy_Lives » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:35 am

Sea Hag wrote:
Freddy_Lives wrote:So you're telling me that an interception that was overturned is still an interception? Well if's and butt's and coconut's that don't mean shit it wasn't an interception whether we want to believe it was.
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8-MpXgjsw

Wow.
Just like Nancy's Dallas team that Dez Bryant play was a "catch" well if's and butt's and coconuts.
Not just like. The call on the Polamalu play is way more egregious than the Bryant "catch" call. And for the record; the NFL subsequently went on record stating that was indeed an interception. Look it up, this is fact. F.A.C.T.
Blown calls happen both ways.
Not in that game. Besides the obvious int by Polamalu the Colts weren't flagged for pass interference when in the open field Randle El was pulled to the ground well before the ball got to him. But to drive the point home even more, at a crucial point in the game the Steelers had a 3rd & 1. The Colts defense jumped the line of scrimmage signaling false start by the offense. The zebras huddled together and surmised that the Steelers didn't commit a false start penalty. But instead of calling the Colts defense offsides after establishing the steelers didn't commit a penalty they decided to replay the down :lol:

And you act like I'm complaining about a Steelers loss. For anyone who doesn't know the Steelers won the game :D
22 of 38 for 290 and a touchdown doesn't signal a bad game to me.
Something tells me Peyton Manning dropping a deuce on your mother's forehead would be a simple misunderstanding in your eyes :lol:
Some falls on the receivers but Peyton didn't play bad in 05 against the steelers he out played Ben that's absolute fact.
He actually didn't :lol: What doesn't come up in your stats is the fact that right before the half Ben was gang tackled for a sack which resulted in an injury to his elbow in his throwing arm. With his injury & their sizable lead Cowher elected to do nothing but run in the 2nd half. In fact the Steelers only attempted 4 passes in the 2nd half. And that was Manning's 8th year in the league to Roehtlisberger's 2nd.

And another thing that doesn't come up in your stats so much; the Colts only ran the ball 14 times that game. The run was there for them in the 2nd half but Manning kept electing to throw the ball to no avail. He's the play caller & that's on him. And the douche has the nerve to throw his line under the bus after the game. And you're here defending him :lol:

I don't know why you have to get trashy with your comments? The Salt of Peyton's success has really clouded your judgment.

Did anywhere shape or form say I thought the guy was the bee's knee's??? Did I say what Constitutes as a bad game? 22 of 38 for 290 and 1 touchdown isn't a bad game. I guess him getting the ball after Jerome fumbled and driving down the field to get into a decent field goal range is Scrubby.

I thought we were on the discussion of his total Playoff Picture????

Stats look different on paper than they played out that's absolutely true. Ben Roethlisberger must be the worst QB ever though you know putting up numbers like 18 of 31 for 229 and and a touchdown against a highly touted defense that's downright out laughable by your standards.

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Fred, nice display of mental gymnastics to explain why Peyton isn't a postseason pusscatore. First of all, you mention how awful that '06 Colts defense was but they were a totally different animal in that postseason forcing 13 turnovers; which is the only way you overcome a bitch living legend QB who throws 3 TD/7 INT in his breakthrough playoffs and eventual crowning achievement Super Bowl win.

I've stated before postseason Peyton is basically Drew Bledsoe and not the good one either; the hot and cold version that played for the Bills and then the Cowboys. He's a fucking bucket of bolts and always has been come January. By the way, nobody cares how shitty that Colts defense was when A.) most of Peyton's losses came playing within the friendly confines of that eazy breezy cushy ass Dome and B.) the final scores of those losses were usually 19-16 (Titans) or 21-18 (Steelers); in other words games well within Manning's grasp of putting up enough points to win.

And they pistol-whipped the Steelers that regular season 26-7. Really that was my revelatory moment regarding Manning. Before I thought he had just drawn a cruddy hand having to go up to New England and play that defense. But there was much more to it than that.

Also it's one thing to cherry pick; but when comparing Montana's game-by-game stats you have to take into account the different eras. Oh yeah, those Bears and Giants defense were badass for most of the Eighties. And because free agency hadn't been altered yet, those defenses stayed more stacked for longer than teams in the 2000's like the Steelers and Ravens who would see much more flux in maintaining their level of dominance.

Oh yeah, my dad always hated Archie; particularly for the reason Nancy brought up that his preppy ass fans and their boohoo "Archie is the best QB on the worst team!" bullshit. I especially find it disrespectful to guys like Bradshaw and Staubach the implication that Archie was so much better than these guys the seventies Steelers or Cowboys would've won five or six with this prick under center. Sure, they would've won just as many; fair enough. But there's just too many variables to put this asshole on a pedestal because he ended up playing most of his career for the New Orleans Bagheads.

It never ends with this old bitchhog either, does it? Remember right after the Super Bowl Archie's sly veiled threat of a proclamation that Peyton is done in Denver. As if the Broncos did his highness dirty by trying to supplant him with a younger guy that might still be able to play; bitches the bunch of them. Fuck them! Fuck his brother and his hilarious sour puss in the press box after the Broncos scored the clinching touchdown and it was obvious he was disappointed that "big brother has as many Super Bowls as me now; I'm not special anymore!

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:50 pm

When it comes down to the big games (Super-Bowl) Peyton wasn't anything special but the notion he was a Scrub Lord his entire Playoff Career irks me that's all I put out there.

Dan Marino
Joe Montana
John Elway
Brett Favre
Jim Kelly
Warren Moon

The list goes on and on and on of HOF QB's with QB Ratings of 50 or less in big Playoff Games all of them with MULTIPLE shit games.

Peyton is no different than John Elway he played Shitty and hey John Elway's dad was probably just as big of a douche as Archie is! Considering the whole Baltimore fiasco and John's Arrogance back then.

John got 2 rings at the twilight of his career and people eat that motherfucker up with a spoon like he was never a prima donna.

Don't even get me started on the stupid shit Terry Bradshaw, Dan Marino and Jim Kelly have said over the years.

Brett's the only guy I don't find any faults in as he seems like a straight shooter. (The Retirement thing never irked me considering his commitment to start all those games and play through pain)

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Did anywhere shape or form say I thought the guy was the bee's knee's??? Did I say what Constitutes as a bad game? 22 of 38 for 290 and 1 touchdown isn't a bad game.

Listen, I can copy & paste stats with the best of 'em & if you truly delve into the numbers you'll find a postseason player who is average at best. But to take it a step further and for the 5th time yes, he was bad in the game against Pittsburgh. Again, he badly missed receivers, he handled defensive pressure like a rookie & yes, he most certainly threw a pick that should've iced the game. It doesn't show up on your precious stat sheets but that was most definitely an interception. And another thing that doesn't show up on the stat sheet, the lone td pass he threw, it was a short crossing route to Dallas Clark who after the catch ran for 40+ yards to pay dirt. It was more about Clark's effort than Manning throwing a dime or anything.
I guess him getting the ball after Jerome fumbled and driving down the field to get into a decent field goal range is Scrubby.
Again; he's the play caller right? The Steelers were so ripe to be run on. Instead of a 40+ yard field goal attempt the Colts could've easily been set-up for a chip shot if he called even a single running play instead of trying to be the hero himself which he failed at doing like he has so many other times in the playoffs. (another thing that doesn't show up on the stat sheet)
I thought we were on the discussion of his total Playoff Picture????
We are.. Read my initial post in regard to his numbers being padded due to a couple of early round games.
Ben Roethlisberger must be the worst QB ever though you know putting up numbers like 18 of 31 for 229 and and a touchdown against a highly touted defense that's downright out laughable by your standards.
Obviously we've established I have higher standards but yeah, Ben has had some bad games in the playoffs & has thrown some head-scratching picks. But he's built-up way more cache in big games & clutch situations than he has shitting the bed like Manning. To go on the road and play 3 brilliant games in a row leading up to the super bowl is something Manning has never come close to doing. Now there's no denying he played terribly in super bowl 40 but it was his 2nd year in the league & he more than made up for it by engineering the greatest drive in the history of the sport in super bowl 43. And up until the last couple of seasons he played behind terrible offensive lines for the majority of his career.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:10 pm

RayPuresoul wrote:And they pistol-whipped the Steelers that regular season 26-7.
Memory serves the first play from the line of scrimmage was an 80 yard bomb to Harrison.
Really that was my revelatory moment regarding Manning. Before I thought he had just drawn a cruddy hand having to go up to New England and play that defense. But there was much more to it than that.
Why revelatory? That game pretty much encapsulates why he's for all intents and purposes considered an all-time great. Gaudy numbers in a dome during the regular season.
Also it's one thing to cherry pick; but when comparing Montana's game-by-game stats you have to take into account the different eras. Oh yeah, those Bears and Giants defense were badass for most of the Eighties. And because free agency hadn't been altered yet, those defenses stayed more stacked for longer than teams in the 2000's like the Steelers and Ravens who would see much more flux in maintaining their level of dominance.
The Giants defense of the 80's isn't talked about enough when you're taking about all-time great defenses. Their 86 unit in particular is right up there.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:Peyton is no different than John Elway he played Shitty and hey John Elway's dad was probably just as big of a douche as Archie is! Considering the whole Baltimore fiasco and John's Arrogance back then.
Elway was a way better playoff qb than Manning. Way more of a clutch player who for his entire career played in the elements of fucking Colorado of all places instead of a nice cozy dome.
John got 2 rings at the twilight of his career and people eat that motherfucker up with a spoon like he was never a prima donna.
He didn't light up the stat sheet but he didn't turn the ball over in that first super bowl. And he played really well in that 2nd super bowl victory rushing for 1 td and throwing for another.

Brett's the only guy I don't find any faults in as he seems like a straight shooter. (The Retirement thing never irked me considering his commitment to start all those games and play through pain)
His is a case of quantity over quality. If there was a stat for soul-crushing interceptions thrown he'd be #1 on the list. Be that as it may he's thrown more interceptions than anyone ever :lol:

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:29 pm

I meant the playoff loss was revelatory; the whole concept of Manning showing out during a meaningless MNF Game (back when MNF still got marquee matchups before Thursday and Sunday Night Football) only to be stymied during a postseason rematch by a more intense effort from the defense and a D-coordinator who tactically schooled him the 2nd time around. Besides Manning hadn't lost that many times in the Dome yet; he was 2-1 after fattening his postseason record a couple of times against the Broncos.

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:35 pm

RayPuresoul wrote:I meant the playoff loss was revelatory; the whole concept of Manning showing out during a meaningless MNF Game (back when MNF still got marquee matchups before Thursday and Sunday Night Football) only to be stymied during a postseason rematch by a more intense effort from the defense and a D-coordinator who tactically schooled him the 2nd time around. Besides Manning hadn't lost that many times in the Dome yet; he was 2-1 after fattening his postseason record a couple of times against the Broncos.

Ah gotcha.

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm

I'd still take Favre over Manning by a healthy margin. Favre's career began halfway through Marino's the same way Peyton and Warner's careers began halfway through his; of course, that's when the juiced ball era really dawned back in '99 with the Greatest Show On Turf and before too long a dozen asshole QB's began putting up video game numbers every single year. I think Favre is a lot closer to rocket-armed brethren Marino and Elway than soulless cyborg Peyton. I'd make the case it was somehow a more legit passing of the torch when Favre broke Marino's records than all the inflated bullshit seasons Manning's has had at the end where he goes to the Super Bowl and gets bitchslapped 43-8.

Turnovers or not, in NFC Title Game and Super Bowl losses to the Cowboys and Broncos Favre wasn't the ineffectual blah pussy Manning was in some of his infamous debacles against the Patsies and Steelers; yeah, his turnovers were a major factor but not as big a factor as their run defenses getting gashed by Emmitt and Terrell Davis for over 150 yards in those games. He sure as shit outplayed Elway in Super Bowl XXXII. The ridiculous idiotic interceptions are something that happened in the 2nd half of his career after 2000. During his prime though I'd argue Favre ran into a few buzzsaws or teams of destiny in the Broncos case the same way Marino and Elway ran into buzzsaws during the eighties in Super Bowls. I guess for postseason passers Favre would have to be right with Kurt Warner who might have three rings himself if not for a pair of pick sixes.

Hey, Fred, it was actually Little Lord Fuckpants Eli that Archie wouldn't let enroll at San Diego Chargers football club even if they called dibs on him. To be honest, it was a sound move as those fuckers have been a dumpster fire more often than not and for a while there even being the AFC mirror image of the Cowboys as postseason bumblefucks.

One thing you neglected to mention about Elway's power play in refusing to play for the Colts is that he had this little thing called "leverage" in the form of a great chance to play for the Yankees and he played it to the hilt. If you got that card, fucking play it. The card Eli and his royal Majesty daddy Ah-Chee played was "We be the fuddy duddy Mannings and fuck you; Little Lord Eli ain't playing for the Chargers!"

Sea Hag
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Sea Hag » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:56 am

RayPuresoul wrote:I'd still take Favre over Manning by a healthy margin.
I would too.
He sure as shit outplayed Elway in Super Bowl XXXII.

Yeah but Favre was in his absolute prime and Elway was in his 15th season. Big difference..
The ridiculous idiotic interceptions are something that happened in the 2nd half of his career after 2000.
Not really though. In 98 he threw 31 td & 23 int. Not the best ratio. The following year he threw more picks than he did TDs. (22td/23int) 1994 - 1997 was the sweet spot of his career where he consistently put up great numbers. Funnily enough though his best statistical season was in 09 with the Vikings. They were the team that should've won the super bowl that year but we all know how that season ended. Classic Favre throwing across his body only to get picked and cost his team the game.

He's another guy who I'd rank behind alot of quarterbacks when it comes to all-time rankings. I confidently would already rank Rodgers ahead of him. As far as his contemporaries I'd rank Young, Marino, Elway, Brady & Roethlisberger ahead of him too.