The 2016 MLB Thread!

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

The 2016 MLB Thread!

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 pm

It's opening day!

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: The 2016 MLB Thread!

Post by Mayday » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:56 pm

Go Bucos!
Go Nats!
Go totally fuck yourselves Cards, Yankees, Mets and Cubs!!!!!!!

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Mayday wrote:Go Bucos!
Go Nats!
Go totally fuck yourselves Cards, Yankees, Mets and Cubs!!!!!!!
Go Royals too! :D

Nats though??? No thank you! Bucos are alright in my book.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:05 am

Freddy_Lives wrote:
Go Perez and Hosmer (they're on my fantasy team)! Other than that, let's not be greedy. Two WS appearances in a row. Let someone else have a try. :P

Heretic
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Heretic » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:34 am

I prefer this slow, mediocre start The Jays are off to, rather then coming out guns blazing. Keeps expectations in check, and let's the team focus without all the hype. As long as they're hovering around .500 at the All-Star break, it's all good. Baseball is a marathon, so I'm too worried about their early struggles. They'll eventually get it together.

Really want Dickey and his shitty catcher off the team though. I've seen enough walks, passed balls, early deficits, and general inconsistency to never want to see another knuckleballer on the team ever again. Don't care about innings pitched. I'll take a pitcher who doesn't constantly have the team playing from behind, over that shit any day of the week.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:15 am

Mayday wrote:
Freddy_Lives wrote:
Go Perez and Hosmer (they're on my fantasy team)! Other than that, let's not be greedy. Two WS appearances in a row. Let someone else have a try. :P
Hey before 2014 we hadn't been to the playoffs in 29 years.

Were not being greedy if we win a few years.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:14 pm

So I guess my Bucs are due for 7 straight WS titles based on the 20 shitty under .500 years and no WS appearance since 1979. :P

Outpost #31
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Outpost #31 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 pm

01 PHILLIES = Mickey Moniak, CF, La Costa Canyon HS (CA), UCLA commit
02 Cincinnati = Nick Senzel, 3B, Tennessee
03 Atlanta = Ian Anderson, RHP, Shenendehowa HS (NY), Vanderbilt commit
04 Colorado = Riley Pint, RHP, St. Thomas Aquinas HS (KS), LSU commit
05 Milwaukee = Corey Ray, OF, Louisville
06 Oakland = A.J. Puk, LHP, Florida
07 Miami = Braxton Garrett, LHP, Florence HS (AL), Vanderbilt commit
08 San Diego = Cal Quantrill, RHP, Stanford
09 Detroit = Matt Manning, RHP, Sheldon HS (CA), Loyola Marymount commit
10 Chicago WS = Zack Collins, C, Miami
11 Seattle = Kyle Lewis, OF, Mercer
12 Boston = Jason Groome, LHP, Barnegat HS (NJ), Chipola JC commit
13 Tampa Bay = Joshua Lowe, 3B, Pope HS (GA), Florida State commit
14 Cleveland = Will Benson, OF, The Westminster Schools (GA), Duke commit
15 Minnesota = Alex Kirilloff, OF, Plum HS (PA), Liberty commit
16 LA Angels = Matt Thaiss, C, Virginia
Kind of a scary year for my favorite team the Philies to get the first overall pick. Lots of talent but nobody stands out as a no doubt about it pick. Happy they took Moniak as he was my choice although I was for Puk till about a week ago. I'd rather see a hitter picked rather than a pitcher in such an open field for the top pick. Many are projecting Puk to be an Andrew Miller type which isn't bad but not good in having the possibility of a relief arm down the line guy being picked. I really liked Lewis also. Hoping Rutherfield falls down the 42nd pick for the Phils but too many teams with comp picks just beforehand who I could see him going to (Braves, Reds).

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Outpost #31 wrote: Kind of a scary year for my favorite team the Philies to get the first overall pick. Lots of talent but nobody stands out as a no doubt about it pick. Happy they took Moniak as he was my choice although I was for Puk till about a week ago. I'd rather see a hitter picked rather than a pitcher in such an open field for the top pick. Many are projecting Puk to be an Andrew Miller type which isn't bad but not good in having the possibility of a relief arm down the line guy being picked. I really liked Lewis also. Hoping Rutherfield falls down the 42nd pick for the Phils but too many teams with comp picks just beforehand who I could see him going to (Braves, Reds).
Young arms are so more susceptible to tommy john issues at least that's how it seems.

Honestly Moniak is worthy, he has really good range but he definitely needs to gain a bit of weight if he plans on being a really big threat offensively.

He won't be as seasoned as someone who had a few years of college under their belt so I don't see Moniak hitting the big leagues like Trout or Harper that fastly since they were freaks of nature.

Royals had no first round pick this year, kinda bummed since we have had pretty good luck in first rounders.

Outpost #31
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Outpost #31 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote: Young arms are so more susceptible to tommy john issues at least that's how it seems.

Honestly Moniak is worthy, he has really good range but he definitely needs to gain a bit of weight if he plans on being a really big threat offensively.

He won't be as seasoned as someone who had a few years of college under their belt so I don't see Moniak hitting the big leagues like Trout or Harper that fastly since they were freaks of nature.

Royals had no first round pick this year, kinda bummed since we have had pretty good luck in first rounders.
There's been a bad history with teams going with a pitcher with the first overall pick (Dylan Bundy and Brien Taylor come to mind). The phils got a ton of pitching prospects back in recent trades so was more happy to see a hitter selected (they were dead set on a pitcher but nobody really separated themselves from the pack). I could see Puk being a future TJS candidate.

The Royals seemed to add some interesting arms in last year's draft. Stinks they have no 1st rounder this year.....Phillies were in the same boat a few years ago. Maybe they can grab somebody who falls because of money demands since they saved on slot for a first rounder.