The 2016 MLB Thread!

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The 2016 MLB Thread!

Post by Freddy_Lives » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Mayday wrote: I want the Scubs to break and curse and reach the WS and get swept by Cleveland ending their curse. I'm a Pirates fan, so even though I'd like to see Chicago finally get to the WS, I still hate them. And I don't like the Dodgers either.
Yeah it's really a no win situation this year.

All teams are lame.

No way I'm rooting for Cleveland though.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:
Mayday wrote: I want the Scubs to break and curse and reach the WS and get swept by Cleveland ending their curse. I'm a Pirates fan, so even though I'd like to see Chicago finally get to the WS, I still hate them. And I don't like the Dodgers either.
Yeah it's really a no win situation this year.

All teams are lame.

No way I'm rooting for Cleveland though.
Haha. Actually, aside from the fact that I don't like LA or Chi, I was happy to see 4 teams that haven't been to the WS in ages in there. It was great not seeing the constant scumbag Cardinals, Yankees, Giants

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Mayday wrote: Haha. Actually, aside from the fact that I don't like LA or Chi, I was happy to see 4 teams that haven't been to the WS in ages in there. It was great not seeing the constant scumbag Cardinals, Yankees, Giants
I'll agree with that,.

Even though The Blue Jays, Rangers, Indians have been to multiple WS in the last 25.

Sure would of been nice to see Baltimore get one.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm kinda torn on Baltimore. Better them than the Yankees, but I kinda hate the O's. The Rangers have been to two world series in the last few years, but Toronto hasn't been since 1993 and Cleveland hasn't been in almost 20 years, and hasn't won in almost 70, so I'm pulling for them.
If the Dodgers weren't facing the Scubs I'd be OK with them going, but screw LA - even though I fondly remember watching Kirk Gibson gimp off the bench to beat the Mets and later the A's with dramatic HRs in 1988.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Mayday wrote:I'm kinda torn on Baltimore. Better them than the Yankees, but I kinda hate the O's. The Rangers have been to two world series in the last few years, but Toronto hasn't been since 1993 and Cleveland hasn't been in almost 20 years, and hasn't won in almost 70, so I'm pulling for them.
If the Dodgers weren't facing the Scubs I'd be OK with them going, but screw LA - even though I fondly remember watching Kirk Gibson gimp off the bench to beat the Mets and later the A's with dramatic HRs in 1988.
I'll take L.A.............ugh no.

Cleveland just won the NBA Championship they don't need another.

Fuck it, I may just pull for the Cubbies.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:
Mayday wrote:I'm kinda torn on Baltimore. Better them than the Yankees, but I kinda hate the O's. The Rangers have been to two world series in the last few years, but Toronto hasn't been since 1993 and Cleveland hasn't been in almost 20 years, and hasn't won in almost 70, so I'm pulling for them.
I'll take L.A.............ugh no.

Cleveland just won the NBA Championship they don't need another.

Fuck it, I may just pull for the Cubbies.
But, it's the Indians!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQY1gCSeQs0
ImageImage

Heretic
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Heretic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote: Cleveland just won the NBA Championship they don't need another.
I know it's probably not a big deal in Kansas, but don't forget that Chicago practically has a dynasty in the NHL. Oh', and let's not forget about Micheal Jordan and the Bulls either.

You know what, fuck them. Yeah, boo-hoo for the baseball team. They've still got plenty to cheer about. C'mon goat curse, do your thing!

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Heretic wrote: I know it's probably not a big deal in Kansas, but don't forget that Chicago practically has a dynasty in the NHL. Oh', and let's not forget about Micheal Jordan and the Bulls either.

You know what, fuck them. Yeah, boo-hoo for the baseball team. They've still got plenty to cheer about. C'mon goat curse, do your thing!

Missouri not Kansas and yeah we only have the Mavericks and that's ECHL.

But still 98 since the Bulls, White Sox won it in what? 05 04? Hockey sure but I'm pretty much agreeing with you though.

Nobody to root for! I won't root for Cleveland since they're in KC's division and they talked trash against the Royals this year.

It's honestly a no win situation this year.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:14 pm

So is the audio out or what??? I guess I don't have to listen to Hair Plugs.

Kinda nice actually.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:35 pm

1-0 Indians! Let's go Tribe!