The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

Post by nancylives! » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:07 pm

with the draft looming, i figured it was time to start the 2016 nfl thread. who's going first? what will your team do? who's gonna win superbowl LI (the cowboys)? post your thoughts here...

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

Post by nancylives! » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:21 pm

tomorrow night's the big night! hopefully all the dallas brass is huddled together, making plans, delegating responsibilities, and allocating funds to GET JERRY JONES THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE "WAR" ROOM!!!!! other than that, i hope we select leremy tunsil or jalen ramsey, although i suspect we're leaning towards joey bosa, thanks to all of our drug-addled defensive linemen. i don't mind bosa, but not at #4. and i like drugs, too, y'all, but i've laid off of them for far less than millions of dollars (i quit smoking pot in order to get a job as a residential wilderness counselor for under-age criminal offenders, assholes, for like 14 grand a year back in the mid-nineties). normally, as y'all know, i'm pretty sympathetic/empathitic to and with players who commit drug offenses, but c'mon, guys. demarcus lawrence, you've been steadily making gains and now 4 game suspension. thanks. and randy gregory, who we took a big chance on i might add, i know you're depressed and shit, but you can't self-medicate anymore. see a therapist, get a prescription and than smoke pot in 10 years. you're in you're early 20's, you have lotsa time to blaze up.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:22 pm

I'll probably give my predictions with additions and subtractions for all the teams after the draft.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:04 pm

The Bucs are looking at D, and with all the big trades, the likelihood they'll get one of their top 3 choices has increased dramatically, since the big trades will lead to offensive players taken. I'm actually looking forward to football for the first time in years now that Tampa Bay is genuinely building up a contender again. Let's go Bucs!

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:08 pm

as long as they make wise defensive picks (db's, especially maybe a fucking safety, dl) with a little offensive depth (wr, ol, qb), i think the pick of ezekial elliot was rather inspired. we'd better keep tony healthy this year, that's for damn sure.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:30 pm

To be blunt: Laremy Tunsil will still be a high draft pick and make alot of green. He has dope football skills, gives chronic effort and smokes his opponents.

Please god, don't let this kid be a pothead.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:45 pm

Iggy wrote:To be blunt: Laremy Tunsil will still be a high draft pick and make alot of green. He has dope football skills, gives chronic effort and smokes his opponents.

and he took money from coaches at Ole Miss.

That probably won't affect him in the NFL but the pot thing surely might if Josh Gordon is getting suspended every year.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:51 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:
Iggy wrote:To be blunt: Laremy Tunsil will still be a high draft pick and make alot of green. He has dope football skills, gives chronic effort and smokes his opponents.

and he took money from coaches at Ole Miss.

That probably won't affect him in the NFL but the pot thing surely might if Josh Gordon is getting suspended every year.
I'm not worried about him taking money to help his mom pay bills and I'm sure plenty of players in the NFL smoke weed. Fact is, Tunsil has never failed a drug test at Ole Miss...Ever. Hopefully he'll be alright and it's just college experimentation.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:25 am

all i know is i need to get a gas mask. 8-)

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Wow, the Bucs surprisingly traded down two picks, still got their prime choice (or at least one of their prime choices) in CB Vernon Hargreaves III, and picked up and extra 4th rounder to boot. Theyz fo' real, yo!