The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
ThatIrishGuy
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Re: The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

Post by ThatIrishGuy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:05 am

holy...shit...that...was...crazy!?!? :o :shock: :o

"What's a clown doing here? Everyone knows the only thing scarier than a horde of zombies is a clown. Behold the true face of fear!"

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 am

.....aaaaand just like the crooked NBA, the more crooked NFL fixed the Stupid Bowl to once again let the Cheatriots win and keep selling Brady jerseys. Precisely why I barely follow that bullshit.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Mayday wrote:.....aaaaand just like the crooked NBA, the more crooked NFL fixed the Stupid Bowl to once again let the Cheatriots win and keep selling Brady jerseys. Precisely why I barely follow that bullshit.
That was pretty absurd how the Falcons were dominating for so long, with the Patriots sucking ass, and then all of a sudden the roles were reversed. More than a little suspicious.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:29 pm

i mean, i know what the patriots did is impressive and all, but did they win offensive rookie of the year? coach of the year? offensive line of the year? fed ex player of the year? get anyone in the hall of fame? i think not...

but seriously, it just sucks to no longer have any ability to seriously argue against the patriots, brady, and belichick as being the greatest. it pains me to say it, and i used to hold on to the relative lack of quality of their sb wins, but five titles don't lie. and coming from 25 points behind halfway through the third quarter of the suberbowl pretty much seals the deal for that prick brady. they're great. barf.

i have a serious issue with kurt warner being in the hall-of-fame. and i know people wanna dog jerry (no one more so than any respectable cowboys fan) but the man has driven the league forward and has made it boatloads of money. wahoo.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:39 pm

nancylives! wrote:i mean, i know what the patriots did is impressive and all, but did they win offensive rookie of the year? coach of the year? offensive line of the year? fed ex player of the year? get anyone in the hall of fame? i think not...
Nope they just won their 5th Championship in 16 years, while the Cowboys have won a grand total of jack shit.

I think the Pats would take that any day of the week, hell any NFL team would take that.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:
nancylives! wrote:i mean, i know what the patriots did is impressive and all, but did they win offensive rookie of the year? coach of the year? offensive line of the year? fed ex player of the year? get anyone in the hall of fame? i think not...
Nope they just won their 5th Championship in 16 years, while the Cowboys have won a grand total of jack shit.

I think the Pats would take that any day of the week, hell any NFL team would take that.
Shit, i'd be happy with just one. I'd trade in the Heat's championships for Dolphins championships. That's my dream as a sports fan.

ThatIrishGuy
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by ThatIrishGuy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:35 pm

well as you guys all know by now I am happy to see that outcome! Been a PATS fan since Grogan was taking our snaps! Though I will always be butt hurt about spy gate (defalte gate was a joke) That win right there was absolutely insane...now if I can go a month without "this just in the pats did this to win!?" then I will be great! :lol:

"What's a clown doing here? Everyone knows the only thing scarier than a horde of zombies is a clown. Behold the true face of fear!"

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:54 pm

obviously, i was being super sarcastic. y'all got that, right?

there's no deneying the patriots are one of history's greatest teams, and they've made their mark in a relatively short amount of time. congrats, irishguy. allow me to echo iggs: i am jealous as hell.

Freddy_Lives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Freddy_Lives » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Mayday wrote:.....aaaaand just like the crooked NBA, the more crooked NFL fixed the Stupid Bowl to once again let the Cheatriots win and keep selling Brady jerseys. Precisely why I barely follow that bullshit.
But the Penguins can win the Stanley Cup? Selling those Crosby jerseys.

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:51 pm

So Brady now has the only two real comebacks in Super Bowl history. The other two instances were 10-0 leads at the end of the first quarter and besides both of those leads were ancient history by halftime of those games. All of this at an age when Montana was retired.
I'm just glad I'm not a Falcons fan. As it turned out the only circle that was completed this year in sports was collapses; 3-1 by the Warriors, 3-1 by the Indians and now this shit. What makes it worse is that the Falcons have a chronic case of coughing up big leads. Up 17-0 against the 9ers in 2013 NFC Title Game a week after almost blowing a 20-0 lead to the Seahawks (in fact, surrendering the lead 28-27 with :31 seconds left.) Really, the Falcons should've just run the damned ball after that insane Julio Jones catch and attempted a makeable field goal. However, it's all second guessing now and the Falcons with their colons clinched tight by that point were probably scared shitless of missing a 47-yard field goal and giving the Pats the ball back near their own 40. Poor, poor Falcons; fuck 'em. Maybe the curse follows all involved in this debacle including their playcaller Kyle Shanahan to the 9ers who go 0-16 next season in honor of Joe Montana's jersey number.