The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

Post by nancylives! » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:56 pm

RayPuresoul wrote:So Brady now has the only two real comebacks in Super Bowl history. The other two instances were 10-0 leads at the end of the first quarter and besides both of those leads were ancient history by halftime of those games. All of this at an age when Montana was retired.
I'm just glad I'm not a Falcons fan. As it turned out the only circle that was completed this year in sports was collapses; 3-1 by the Warriors, 3-1 by the Indians and now this shit. What makes it worse is that the Falcons have a chronic case of coughing up big leads. Up 17-0 against the 9ers in 2013 NFC Title Game a week after almost blowing a 20-0 lead to the Seahawks (in fact, surrendering the lead 28-27 with :31 seconds left.) Really, the Falcons should've just run the damned ball after that insane Julio Jones catch and attempted a makeable field goal. However, it's all second guessing now and the Falcons with their colons clinched tight by that point were probably scared shitless of missing a 47-yard field goal and giving the Pats the ball back near their own 40. Poor, poor Falcons; fuck 'em. Maybe the curse follows all involved in this debacle including their playcaller Kyle Shanahan to the 9ers who go 0-16 next season in honor of Joe Montana's jersey number.
and let's not forget the falcons blowing a late fourth quarter ten point lead against dallas in the divisional playoffs at a freezing fulton county stadium back in 1980 (well, january 1981). danny white's finest moment :D

i'm still hesitant to put brady ahead of montana (or unitas for that matter), but it gets harder and harder, goddammit.

and yes, stupid atlanta. you just need a field goal to win this game. run, run, run, kick a field goal, shock the world. idiot.

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:26 pm

I still think the goddamn Tuck Rule Super Bowl win is illegitimate. For that matter, Brady didn't even finish the AFC Title Game and was a bus driver that postseason with only 1 TD pass. On the other hand, Brady through no fault of his own saw final minute leads surrendered not once but twice to Elijah Peckerwood Manning of all motherfuckers.

Yeah, that 1981 playoff game was well before my time but I was aware of it. Just didn't enter into my mind talking about the current Ryan-era Falcons but shit, I guess they really are a cursed bunch. Stupid motherfuckers. I mean we'll never know how easy that field goal would've been but Bryant was the one who saved their bacon from blowing that aforementioned lead against the Seahawks.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Freddy_Lives wrote:
Mayday wrote:.....aaaaand just like the crooked NBA, the more crooked NFL fixed the Stupid Bowl to once again let the Cheatriots win and keep selling Brady jerseys. Precisely why I barely follow that bullshit.
But the Penguins can win the Stanley Cup? Selling those Crosby jerseys.
Hockey is still the only pure sport that even Gary Bettman can't completely pollute. And it's not like the Penguins have gone to 3 out of every 5 championships this century despite violating rule after rule after rule and getting caught time and again and nothing being done about it. It takes Bilicheat, Bradcheatery, the Cheatriots and GOeDdel to do that. FUCK. THE. CHEATRIOTS. AND. THE. CROOKED. NFL.

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:47 pm

It's not really a conspiracy but the goddamn halftime show played a factor in the Falcons offense going an hour and eight minutes of real time without touching the ball after going up 21-0. Of course, they drew first blood in the second half to go up, 28-3, so they should've been able to get things back on track but the sorry bastards just couldn't finish.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:21 pm

RayPuresoul wrote:I still think the goddamn Tuck Rule Super Bowl win is illegitimate. For that matter, Brady didn't even finish the AFC Title Game and was a bus driver that postseason with only 1 TD pass. On the other hand, Brady through no fault of his own saw final minute leads surrendered not once but twice to Elijah Peckerwood Manning of all motherfuckers.

Yeah, that 1981 playoff game was well before my time but I was aware of it. Just didn't enter into my mind talking about the current Ryan-era Falcons but shit, I guess they really are a cursed bunch. Stupid motherfuckers. I mean we'll never know how easy that field goal would've been but Bryant was the one who saved their bacon from blowing that aforementioned lead against the Seahawks.
bryant has had a long, money career, with consistently powerful kicks. he's no scrub, and rarely gets the credit he deserves. he's kicked a 62 yarder and a 59 yarder as recently as this year.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattbryant/25 ... areerstats

ThatIrishGuy
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by ThatIrishGuy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:19 am

the hate is strong in this thread! I love it! :lol:

"What's a clown doing here? Everyone knows the only thing scarier than a horde of zombies is a clown. Behold the true face of fear!"

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Dolphins just traded Branden Albert for Julius Thomas. I know he sucked in Jacksonville, but Blake Bortles is absolutely atrocious as a QB and that team is in shambles. Let's also not forget that he had his huge seasons in Denver under Adam Gase, who is now the Dolphins head coach. Hoping this works out. At the very least, he's an upgrade to our TE position.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:58 am

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:30 pm

So who gobbles up AP from free agency? He has a couple more solid years in him...

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:13 pm

TexasSnacks wrote:So who gobbles up AP from free agency? He has a couple more solid years in him...
i think he has raiders written all over him, but i'm sure what will happen is he'll sign with new england for nothing and be superbowl mvp.