The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

If you really want to talk about sports, do it here.
Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: The Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

Post by Iggy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:15 pm

TexasSnacks wrote:So who gobbles up AP from free agency? He has a couple more solid years in him...
Heard the Cowboys wanted a three headed monster at running back.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
TexasSnacks wrote:So who gobbles up AP from free agency? He has a couple more solid years in him...
if he would play for nothing, and accept a reduced role, i think he could still be effective. not sure if he would cause an imbalance in the precarious circus we got goin on in dallas; at the moment, we have nice equilibrium. but with jerry, we're only one player away...

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Iggy wrote:
Yeah, well, those motherfuckers had a hard enough time feeding their one-headed beast against the Packers going against tendency several times on third and 2 throwing the fucking ball when just running twice would've likely resulted in TD drives instead of settling for field goals. But yeah, anything to conserve the young buck. I mean asking a guy who's been the best in the league for a decade to suddenly enter games cold might be harder for AP to adjust to than lesser backs. Would AP add a whole hell of a lot? They're not going to feed him enough to go retro and have two 1,000-yard rushers on the same team. Being able to hit worn down teams with doses of AP would be a nice luxury but not anything that would put them over the top. The only solid AP was running through last year was frozen shit so Father Time definitely seems to have caught up with him.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:22 pm

the other thing everyone is all agog about around here are these very vague trade rumors that have cousins going to san fran, romo to washington, and i presume various picks being exchanged. i imagine we would get mostly picks. let me stress, this is just something the local media in d.c. claim to have picked-up from ian rappaport, and nothing is remotely substantiated. aside from dealing with my two most hated teams (literally, the only time i ever use the word "hate" is in reference to football, specifically the two aforementioned teams and of course the eagles and steelers. i don't care for the packers, or the giants, but i don't hate them), i don't want tony in the division. i don't want to go up against tony twice a year for any stretch of time. hopefully this all just an effort to generate something interesting in the dead zone of march (wait, except for the combine!), although i do want to see washington fritter away cousins. he aint the greatest qb in the world, but they could do (and have done for most of the last 25 years) worse.

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Do-right rule AKA more redneck jibber jabber from Jerral Wayne Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ashington/
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was quick to shoot down the rumored three-way deal which would send quarterback Tony Romo to Washington.

And even though he doesn’t have a way to enforce it, he trusts his longtime quarterback to not sign with a division rival even if he’s released.

“It is implied that we will work in the best way we can for the mutual interest of Tony and the Cowboys. That was just implied,” Jones said, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “That’s important here. Now we’ve got to abide by every league rule. We can’t have agreements without it being within the boundaries of the NFL.

“But when you’ve got a situation like we got, we’ll do the do-right rule. That’s it. Very important. We do the do-right rule. We have that kind of relationship.”

Jones said there was no rush to make a decision on Romo, and they could wait beyond the March 9 start of free agency to make a deal since they are positioned to carry his cap hit into the year. That’s a roundabout way of him letting people know he’s not going to just give Romo away until he determines the value he might have to another (non-Washington) team.

“What I’m really saying is that I do not know how, what we will end up with – whether it will be a trade, whether it will be a release, whether it will be neither,” Jones said. “I do not know at this time. All scenarios have been well-considered and thought out. Now we’ve just got to see where the reality is.

“He’s considering options. Obviously, we all know that he’s going to have the opportunity to look at whatever situation, if there are situations. He’s going to have an opportunity to look at it. He gets to say and control this situation every bit as much as we do.”

Again, such a wink-nod agreement is absolutely unenforceable, but it appears Jones and Romo have the kind of relationship that trusting the other to “do-right” is understood.
Do right rule or no do right rule wink nudge bullshit, if the Redskins are the most talented team interested in Romo's services, that's where he'll end up. As for the 'Skins, I can only muster up the same kind of "when will the wheels finally come off?" pity I'm sure fans of many other teams do for the Cowboys. I mean like it or not, since the Cowboys last won a Super Bowl, they are one of four NFC teams along with the Vikings, Lions and Redskins to not appear in a Super Bowl. I hate the Giants much more because of their recent magic. Then again, I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have to live in that area as I've repeatedly heard what delusional douchebags there are up in D.C. that comprise their fan base.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:45 pm

RayPuresoul
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by RayPuresoul » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Yeah, but they still fucked him out of his island because he was wearing the wrong shoes.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:32 pm

living in the dc area and working actually in dc definitely make me loathe them even more. and it's funny cuz i actually love many people who are washington fans! but fuck em, you know? ;)

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:08 pm

:lol: Love me some Prime Time

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Rumors of AP to the Patriots?