Connect with us

Movies

Help Ash Defend Lord Arthur’s Castle In ‘Army Of Darkness: Defense’

Published

on

Of course, this is announced the day AFTER I buy an Android…

Backflip Studios, in partnership with MGM Studios, is proud to announce that its highly anticipated homage to Sam Raimi’s Army Of Darkness is now live on the Apple App Store with Army of Darkness: Defense, a mobile castle defense game based on the 1992 classic film Army of Darkness.

Defense takes place during the pivotal castle scene within the movie where Ash and his allies defend the powerful Necronomicon within Lord Arthur’s fortress from the onslaught of Deadites. Gamers take on the role of the chiseled chin, one-liner-spouting Ash while summoning familiar troops, spells and weapons from the movie to help in the defense. Gameplay features include over 150 direct lines of dialogue from Bruce Campbell (!) as Ash Williams, and beautifully animated graphics using the well-known “Granny 3D” engine. In the game, Ash has the ability to call upon a wide variety of allies to help preserve the Necronomicon including swordsman, armored knights, archers and more. In addition to the originally composed sound and music, the app also features many of the famous characters from the movie including Arthur, Henry, Sheila, the Wiseman, Evil Ash, and more.

You can purchase the iPhone/iPod Touch version for $0.99 here and the iPad version for $2.99 here. I’m not sure if there’s a difference between tower and castle defense games (other than the exact location you’re stationed), but if it’s anything like Plants Vs. Zombies, I’ll be praying for a port.

Check past the break for screenshots.

Movies

Melissa Barrera and Bailee Madison Want Roles in the ‘Scary Movie’ Reboot

Published

on

Abigail Overlook Film Festival 2024 - gory horror Abigail set visit
Pictured: Melissa Barrera in 'Abigail'

It was announced two weeks ago that Paramount is resurrecting the Scary Movie spoof franchise with a brand new reboot movie, which will likely arrive in theaters next year.

The new movie, a joint venture between Paramount and Miramax that will technically be the sixth installment in the franchise, is expected to go into production this coming Fall.

We don’t yet know who will be writing, directing or starring in the Scary Movie reboot, but two actors in particular have already expressed an interest in joining the franchise.

The first is Melissa Barrera, who can currently be seen in theaters in Radio Silence’s bloody horror movie Abigail. Barrera is of course also the star of Scream and Scream VI, which kind of makes her a perfect candidate to lampoon herself in a Scary Movie reboot.

“I always loved those movies,” Melissa Barrera tells the website Inverse. “When I saw it announced, I was like, ‘Oh, that would be fun.’ That would be so fun to do.”

The actress adds, “They have the iconic cast that did it, so we’ll see what goes on with that. I’m just excited to see a new one.”

In a tweet posted last night, Bailee Madison (The Strangers: Prey at Night, the upcoming “Pretty Little Liars: Summer School”) also threw her hat in the running.

Madison tweets, “Random but scary movie 6 hit me up cause I just feel like we’d have fun okay bye.” Your move, Paramount. And make sure you call Anna Faris and Regina Hall too.

Directed by Keenen Ivory Wayans, the first Scary Movie was released in 2000, just four years after Wes Craven reinvigorated the horror genre with his meta slasher masterpiece, Scream.

The film parodied horror movies of the time including Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and The Blair Witch Project, and the horror-comedy spoof scared up $278 million at the worldwide box office. The success of that first Scary Movie paved the way for an entire franchise of horror spoofs, five of them in total released between 2000 and 2013.

Bailee Madison in “The Strangers: Prey at Night’

Continue Reading