Famous Monsters Convention

t's true, there are other sites! Post your homepage or links to cool sites here.
FMfalcon
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Famous Monsters Convention

Post by FMfalcon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Join us for Famous Monsters Convention in Dallas! Mingle with cult film stars, moan around in monster gear, have a meeting of the minds with your favorite artist, or just sit back and take in the chaos. We’re also planning a few surprises based on original material from American Gothic Press that should scare you witless! It’s a Monster World out there, and you can find the best of it at Famous Monsters Convention Dallas this May 26-28!

Current announced guests include:
Dinner and a movie with Shinji Higuchi and Keiichi Sakura, the directorial team of Shin Godzilla and the Attack on Titan live action movies
Sean Young, celebrating 35 years of Bladerunner with us
Sara Karloff, here to celebrate 85 years of The Mummy
Marina Sirtis, Michael Dorn, and Gates McFadden of Star Trek: The Next Generation
Dean Haglund, Tom Braidwood, and Bruce Harwood, better known as The Lone Gunmen from The X-Files, back together for the first time in years

Find out more at http://www.famousmonstersconventions.com !

SophieStacks
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: Famous Monsters Convention

Post by SophieStacks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 am

Hi wow this looks soo cool, its a shame I am in the UK! Do they also do horror make up? My friend is in London right now learning about that and it looks soo great. Good luck with the convention! Sophie x

FMfalcon
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by FMfalcon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Right now there's not any special effects makeup on the program list but we are adding more and more guests and features all the time! There's also going to be a Halloween convention in October in San Jose, California, and it's possible some special effect makeup artists will make a showing there too.

SophieStacks
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by SophieStacks » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 pm

FMfalcon wrote:Right now there's not any special effects makeup on the program list but we are adding more and more guests and features all the time! There's also going to be a Halloween convention in October in San Jose, California, and it's possible some special effect makeup artists will make a showing there too.
Ok cool thanks for the reply! x

Hammer Fanatic
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Hammer Fanatic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:15 pm

FMfalcon wrote:Join us for Famous Monsters Convention in Dallas! Mingle with cult film stars, moan around in monster gear, have a meeting of the minds with your favorite artist, or just sit back and take in the chaos. We’re also planning a few surprises based on original material from American Gothic Press that should scare you witless! It’s a Monster World out there, and you can find the best of it at Famous Monsters Convention Dallas this May 26-28!

Current announced guests include:
Dinner and a movie with Shinji Higuchi and Keiichi Sakura, the directorial team of Shin Godzilla and the Attack on Titan live action movies
Sean Young, celebrating 35 years of Bladerunner with us
Sara Karloff, here to celebrate 85 years of The Mummy
Marina Sirtis, Michael Dorn, and Gates McFadden of Star Trek: The Next Generation
Dean Haglund, Tom Braidwood, and Bruce Harwood, better known as The Lone Gunmen from The X-Files, back together for the first time in years

Find out more at http://www.famousmonstersconventions.com !
I would attend if I lived closer. What is the chance that this magazine will begin printing again? I loved it and I miss it already.

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Hammer Fanatic wrote: I would attend if I lived closer. What is the chance that this magazine will begin printing again? I loved it and I miss it already.
dude, prepare to be stoked: famous monsters of filmland has been in print for like the last seven years. it's excellent, and they attempt to fill each issue with uncle forry's spirit. it publishes every other month, and is loaded with excellent features on horror both old and new. and there's always something--photographs, reprint aeticles, etc--from forry's heyday.

Hammer Fanatic
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Hammer Fanatic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:33 pm

nancylives! wrote:
Hammer Fanatic wrote: I would attend if I lived closer. What is the chance that this magazine will begin printing again? I loved it and I miss it already.
dude, prepare to be stoked: famous monsters of filmland has been in print for like the last seven years. it's excellent, and they attempt to fill each issue with uncle forry's spirit. it publishes every other month, and is loaded with excellent features on horror both old and new. and there's always something--photographs, reprint aeticles, etc--from forry's heyday.

I thought it stopped publishing after issue 288?

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Hammer Fanatic wrote:
nancylives! wrote:

I thought it stopped publishing after issue 288?
oh shit! i hope not! i just did some internet searching, unable to confirm or deny. maybe the op can shed some light on the subject...