Connect with us

Movies

Whannell And Wan Back For ‘Insidious 2’! Any Guesses As To What Happens?

Published

on

Insidious

It should come as no surprise that a sequel to Insidious is going forward. After all, the first one had an amazing return on investment.

But what hasn’t been confirmed (until now) is the involvement of Leigh Whannell and James Wan. There had even been talk of the film moving forward without them. When I spoke to Wan in October he had this to say, “The film is about to push 100 million worldwide right now, so I wish I could give you a creative response but when a film like this makes so much money the powers that be usually like to see a sequel. We would only do it if we could come up with something really cool and really unique. That’s why I never did and of the ‘Saw’ sequels because I didn’t want to repeat myself. But if there’s a cool idea, we’ll do it.

Well he must have found a cool idea! Because it looks like both Whannell and Wan are in. “A sequel to the horror hit Insidious is in the works, with Leigh Whannell returning to write the script and James Wan in talks to once again direct. Jason Blum will produce through Blumhouse Productions and Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Oren Peli and Steven Schneider will be exec producers.

Insidious was the most fun project I’ve ever worked on,” Whannell said in a statement. “From start to finish it was an absolute joy—from the writing of the screenplay, all the way to the first screening of the film at the Toronto film festival. I believe that James Wan and I achieved what we set out to do—create a horror film for horror fans…Both of us feel that we can mine more terror from the world we created and know that if we assemble every member of the original team, we will have an amazing continuation of the story for fans of the first film. Thank you so much to every fan—you are the reason why we do what we do. See you in The Further.

Wan and Whannell are keeping the plot of the sequel under wraps. What do you guys hope for in the sequel?

Movies

Don Mancini in the “Early Stages” of Working On a New “Chucky” Movie!

Published

on

Chucky death

Everyone’s favorite killer doll is headed back to the small screen with “Chucky” Season 3: Part 2 on April 10, but are any further movies being planned at this time?

Created by Don Mancini, the “Chucky” television series remarkably plays around with existing elements from all previous films without disregarding ANYTHING from the past. From the original Child’s Play to sequels including Child’s Play 2, Bride of Chucky and even Seed of Chucky, it’s all one cohesive timeline that Mancini remains deeply committed to.

Of course, the most recent film in the Child’s Play franchise was the 2019 remake, to date the only movie in the saga that’s NOT part of Mancini’s vision. Is Mancini’s original incarnation going to spend his final days on TV, while another Chucky will be featured in the movies? It’s a question we’ve been asking ourselves for the last few years, and we may now have an answer.

Speaking with the Scream Dreams Podcast this week, Mancini revealed that he’s in the early stages of development on a potential new installment in the original Chucky film franchise!

new Chucky movie

CHUCKY — “Jennifer’s Body” Episode 303 — Pictured in this screengrab: Chucky — (Photo by: SYFY)

“Like anyone in this business, I want to do more things. At this point though if it’s only Chucky I’m totally cool with that,” Mancini explains. “I have other things I want to do. I’m working on a new pilot. I’m also, actually, in the early stages of working on a new Chucky movie.”

Mancini adds, “At this point, my goal is just to keep working.”

Outside of the aforementioned Child’s Play remake, there are to date seven installments in the franchise, with Cult of Chucky (2017) being the original franchise’s most recent film.

For now, Chucky remains a small screen icon. Don’t miss the premiere of Season 3: Part 2 on both USA and SYFY on April 10, with new episodes hitting Peacock the day after they air.

You can watch Don Mancini’s full chat with Scream Dreams below.

Continue Reading