Vincent Price Appreciation Thread

Which is your Favourite Vincent Price horror movie?

1. The Last Man on Earth
10%
2. House of Wax
14%
3. The Abominable Dr.Phibes
19%
4. Theatre Of Blood
24%
5. The Masque of the Red Death
10%
6. The Tomb of Ligeia
No votes
7. Cry of Banshee
No votes
8. The Conqueror Worm aka Witchfinder General
5%
9. The Pit and Pendulum
5%
10. Other
14%

Total votes: 21

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: Vincent Price Appreciation Thread

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 am

Definitely House on Haunted Hill. That's a annual watch with the family every Halloween. The old lady just kills me.

Hammer Fanatic
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Hammer Fanatic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:56 am

Theatre of Blood. This was also Price's favorite horror film. Larry King asked him that in an interview back around 1990. House of Wax is a very close second. Vincent Price was my all time favorite horror actor. I just wish I could have met him. He was wonderful. All the greats are gone now. Price, Cushing, Lee. They were all true icons, but Price held a special place in my heart.

kidfromskidro
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by kidfromskidro » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Torn here really dislike threads like this...He is incredible in every part I seen him in. Such incredible range as an actor. To see him in the likes of the classic Laura than to see him in something like any of the picks available here in the poll just gives you a mere glimpse of what he was capable of. If I had to pick ONE it would The Abominable Mr. Phibes although there are at least 5 if not more right up there with that one. I can relate to his undying love for his wife and his revenge was quite beautiful in its unique way so thats why it has a very slight edge over some of others.

Hammer Fanatic
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Hammer Fanatic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 pm

kidfromskidro wrote:Torn here really dislike threads like this...He is incredible in every part I seen him in. Such incredible range as an actor. To see him in the likes of the classic Laura than to see him in something like any of the picks available here in the poll just gives you a mere glimpse of what he was capable of. If I had to pick ONE it would The Abominable Mr. Phibes although there are at least 5 if not more right up there with that one. I can relate to his undying love for his wife and his revenge was quite beautiful in its unique way so thats why it has a very slight edge over some of others.
Not to mention that there was talk of him possibly getting a supporting actor Oscar nod for his role in "The Whales of August", but a las, it was not meant to be. What I loved about him was the fact that he put everything into his roles, horror or otherwise. Sure, some of his performances were hammy, but that's why I loved him so. He had such a zest for life, the theater, art and he was a true professional.

CitizenKaneHodder
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by CitizenKaneHodder » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Dr. Phibes gets my vote but I love watching anything with Vincent Price in it. Loved House on Haunted Hill as well, particularly the Rifftrax version.