Connect with us

Movies

Edward Furlong’s ‘Below Zero’ Has A Trailer, No Longer Called ‘Below Zero 3D’

Published

on

If you’re wondering what Edward Furlong (Night of the Demons, Terminator 2, Crow: Wicked Prayer) has been up to aside from appearing in The Green Hornet, you can now see the trailer for Justin Thomas Ostensen’s Below Zero. Which has apparently dropped the “3D” from it’s name. Which is fine by me, no reason a film set in this small of a space should also be in 3D.

The film also stars Michael Berryman and was penned by Signe Olynyk. According to the filmmakers, “‘Below Zero is the true-life story of Jack the Hack, a screenwriter with writer’s block who arranges to have himself locked in a meat cooler in order to meet a looming deadline. As the temperature drops, the lines between reality and fiction blur, and Jack’s story comes to life, exposing him to a world of horror that only a meat freezer can inspire.

That’s not entirely true. The screenwriter came up with the idea and locker herself in a freezer to write the script. Whatever it takes I guess!

Hit the jump to check out the trailer.

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading