Connect with us

Movies

Edward Furlong’s ‘Below Zero’ Has A Trailer, No Longer Called ‘Below Zero 3D’

Published

on

If you’re wondering what Edward Furlong (Night of the Demons, Terminator 2, Crow: Wicked Prayer) has been up to aside from appearing in The Green Hornet, you can now see the trailer for Justin Thomas Ostensen’s Below Zero. Which has apparently dropped the “3D” from it’s name. Which is fine by me, no reason a film set in this small of a space should also be in 3D.

The film also stars Michael Berryman and was penned by Signe Olynyk. According to the filmmakers, “‘Below Zero is the true-life story of Jack the Hack, a screenwriter with writer’s block who arranges to have himself locked in a meat cooler in order to meet a looming deadline. As the temperature drops, the lines between reality and fiction blur, and Jack’s story comes to life, exposing him to a world of horror that only a meat freezer can inspire.

That’s not entirely true. The screenwriter came up with the idea and locker herself in a freezer to write the script. Whatever it takes I guess!

Hit the jump to check out the trailer.

Movies

Kristen Stewart Doesn’t Want to Make Any Marvel Movies But Does Want to Make a Scary Horror Movie

Published

on

Love Lies Bleeding featurette
Pictured: 'Love Lies Bleeding'

If you haven’t yet seen A24 and Saint Maud director Rose Glass’ new movie Love Lies Bleeding, you should definitely get out there and support it in theaters while you can. The critically acclaimed romantic thriller is one of this year’s best movies so far, driven by incredible lead performances from Katy O’Brian and the always compelling Kristen Stewart.

Katy O’Brian just landed a huge role in Mission Impossible 8, but what’s next for Kristen Stewart? Well, for starters, don’t expect to see her in any Marvel movies anytime soon.

Stewart tells the “Not Skinny but Not Fat” podcast, “I will likely never do a Marvel movie … it sounds like a fucking nightmare, actually.” She further explains, “You would have to put so much money and so much trust into one person … and it doesn’t happen.”

And so therefore what ends up happening is this algorithmic, weird experience where you can’t feel personal at all about it. So likely not,” Kristen Stewart continues in her chat with the podcast. “But maybe the world changes, that’s what I’m saying.” She notes, however, “if Greta Gerwig asked me to do a Marvel movie, then I would do it.”

So what DOES Kristen Stewart want to do next? Chatting with Variety on the red carpet just a couple months back, she indicated that she’s far more interested in horror than Marvel!

I’d like to make a good scary movie,” Stewart answered when asked what she’d like to do next. “Like something a little more psychological. Yeah, a really good horror movie.”

Kristen Stewart is of course no stranger to the horror/thriller genres, getting her start as a child actor in David Fincher’s Panic Room. From there, she starred in 2007 horror movie The Messengers, as well as the Twilight movies, ghost story Personal Shopper, and 2018’s Lizzie. And don’t forget 2020’s Underwater or David Cronenberg’s Crimes of the Future.

The ball is in your court, filmmakers. Let’s make it happen.

Kristen Stewart horror

‘Underwater’

Continue Reading